Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best Soundtrack of the PS1 Generation?

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It's great, but it's not the best, no. VII is untouchable.

:monster:

anyone else who says otherwise is just deluding themselves
    Like... the person who wrote them? Nobuo Uematsu is deluding himself?
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Uematsu seriously believes his FFIX score to be his best? Poor guy..

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

IX is Uematsu's personal favorite score he has done for the series. Though he loves all his works.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

well his opinion sucks then!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

The best game (FF) of the ps1 era had the best soundtrack.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I find this highly amusing considering that he said in an interview that Interrupted by Fireworks was his favourite track: http://www.continue-play.com/news/no...-fantasy-tune/

He has also said that he is getting sick of people asking what his favourite track, stating that this question has already been answered.

Besides, we are talking about best here, not peoples favourite. FFVII is the best

FFXIV Character

Carl the Wrongest Llama.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    I find this highly amusing considering that he said in an interview that Interrupted by Fireworks was his favourite track: http://www.continue-play.com/news/no...-fantasy-tune/

He has also said that he is getting sick of people asking what his favourite track, stating that this question has already been answered.

Besides, we are talking about best here, not peoples favourite. FFVII is the best
    You must have failed to read the whole article cause even the interviewer wasn't sure if Uematsu meant his favorite track in general or just for the album he was promoting. It doesn't help that everytime he's asked what his favorite track is, he chooses a different track.

You also missed the fact we were discussing his favorite album, just because he like Cosmo Canyon and Interrupted by Fireworks doesn't mean he likes VII's whole score the best. My favorite Gorillaz song is Empire Ants but it doesn't mean that Plastic Beach is my favorite Gorrilaz album (it's Demon Day btw) likewise, Nobuo Uematsu has said several times that IX is his favorite.

FFXIV Character

Wolves eat Llamas. Just sayin'.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno
    You must have failed to read the whole article cause even the interviewer wasn't sure if Uematsu meant his favorite track in general or just for the album he was promoting. It doesn't help that everytime he's asked what his favorite track is, he chooses a different track.
    I think it provides an important insight: People change what their favourites are all the time. now as I has stated before, we are talking about best, NOT favourite.

You also missed the fact we were discussing his favorite album, just because he like Cosmo Canyon and Interrupted by Fireworks doesn't mean he likes VII's whole score the best. My favorite Gorillaz song is Empire Ants but it doesn't mean that Plastic Beach is my favorite Gorrilaz album (it's Demon Day btw) likewise, Nobuo Uematsu has said several times that IX is his favorite.
    I have had these kind of discussions before, I don't believe for a minute I can change your opinion, just as I am sure you know that you cant change mine, and in my opinion FFVII DOES have the best soundtrack, it just so happens that it is also my favourite, and judging from the favourite final fantasy thread, I would say people agree with me.

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Wolves are killed by humans, humans are killed by Carl the Llama.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Carl the Llama View Post
    I have had these kind of discussions before, I don't believe for a minute I can change your opinion, just as I am sure you know that you cant change mine, and in my opinion FFVII DOES have the best soundtrack, it just so happens that it is also my favourite, and judging from the favourite final fantasy thread, I would say people agree with me.
    My point was to clear up the idea that he said VII was his favorite soundtrack when he has always said it was IX which was the original point of this silly argument.

The funny thing here is that I prefer VII over IX's OST I just like playing devil's advocate cause I'm a bastard like that.

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Wolves are killed by humans, humans are killed by Carl the Llama.
    Thankfully I'm a Wolf Canoe

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    The funny thing here is that I prefer VII over IX's OST I just like playing devil's advocate cause I'm a bastard like that.
    You're a traitor is what you are. And a terrible person. And wolf canoe rhymes with stinky poo. Which is also what you are. Wolf Kanno the Stinky Poo, If He Weren't a Dork He'd Be a Piano.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I do think IX had the best track, although I love a lot of songs on VIII. I was listening to both OST's and I find IX's to be much more soothing and calming, whereas VIII's were more up tempo and fast.

I found most of VII to be forgettable (I can only name like 3 towns without looking up a map) and that goes for the music as well. The only songs that stand out to me are Sephiroth's theme and the Cosmo Canyon theme, which is an excellent song

FFXIV Character

I do want to say that, while in my own opinion FFIX had the best soundtrack of the PS1 era, all the soundtracks are brilliantly fantastic. So this is a measurement in fractions, in nanometers, not in miles. The difference between them is not all that significant. FFVI-FFX Uematsu was in his prime. Or perhaps, during that stretch of games he made most of the music which I personally like best. The PS1 era lies smack dab in the middle of that. And actually, my favorite songs to play all actually come from FFVIII's soundtrack (exceptions being Terra's song and To Xanarcand).