Thread: How much is too much to spend on your favorite food?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default How much is too much to spend on your favorite food?

What is your favorite food and how much is too much for you to spend on it?

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Seafood. Specifically Lobster, but also crab and various fishies and the shrimpses. For good lobster, how much is too much? Hmmm, $50? I wouldn't want to go over that I think. And it would have to be a significant portion. I've had some fish that I thought I'd pay anything to have again.

Oh, oh, I had this ginger dressing at a hibachi once that was sublime. I mean totally smurfing mouth-sex perfect. I've had other ginger dressings, at hibachis and at home, out of the bottle and such, but nothing compares to the version I ate at this one particular hibachi in Georgia. I would pay ludicrous amounts of money to taste that again, let alone to have a whole bottle of it or something. I'd easily pay $100 for a bottle of it.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Dressing and mashed potatoes.
    A million dollars.

Blog Entries

Cheese. I love it so much.

I once bought some 18 month aged XXXtra Sharp White Cheddar (only 1/4 lb 'cuz it was like $20/lb).. Oh man.. It was wonderful. I've spent larger amounts of money on having several different -kinds- of cheese for like a cheese & olive board for appetizer dinners, but never over $20 for one single type.

Seafood is another.. Lobster is always too expensive, so I never eat it. Salmon is pretty up there too, along with shrimp.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

My favourite food is Poutine and it costs between $1.50 for a chip stand one and $5 for a restaurant style one. I am okay paying these things

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh man, I would also spend tons on cheese. I would do it. I'm big on seafood, but I won't spend more than average price for it.

I had a $50 piece of filet mignon once that was more or less the size of my tiny palm, and it was so smurfing worth it. I'm not a beef/tenderloin/steak fanatic like many people seem to be, but I would pay $50 again to have an exact replica of the meat I had. It was wonderful.

Thai curry and pad thai are my favorite foods, and I have easily spent $35 on myself in the past on just a lunch of either one paired with some appetizers and things. That's about as high as I'll go for Thai and even then, at that amount, I'd have to be craving it and there would have to be no cheaper places, but I'd still spend that on myself for it.

Other than filet mignon or thai, I'm usually a cheap date.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

And when we do, we'll fly off to Boros, rich and prosperous - well, less poor. But with enough to find some sweet little getaway.

I usually don't mind spending some money in a good restaurant but my weak point is quality sushi.

About 4 times a year a spend like 100 bucks on a lot of sushi and I don't regret a thing. It's just so goddamn awesome. If I was a millionaire, I would eat that sushi for breakfast, snacks, lunches and dinners.

Blog Entries

There used to be a restaurant that popped up on my Seamless app- a French place.. With freaking $80 steaks.

Still. The fact that there's that place. With their $80 steaks... That delivers..

It's so tempting. Jay would murder me though. The most I can get away with is ordering in like a party tray of sushi for 4 people & a couple of appetizers ('cuz yes, he does eat that much) and a couple bottles of wine (there's a place that does that, but we're not in that zone anymore). We've only ordered from there a few times when we had extra money though.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I hate spending a lot of money on food. I always feel it's a waste. There are times I've walked out of restaurants, because I felt everything was overpriced.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Let's just put it this way, I will fly to Tokyo just to go to Jiro's restaurant and eat his over priced sushi.