Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ups and downs of FFX

Default Where the Deuce is Braska?

So I'm sure this was probably explained.....but what in the hell happened to Braska?

Auron died fighting Lady Yunalesca...came back to watch over Tidus; Got it.

Sin is Jecht. Okay.......

Where did Braska go????? I get that the Final Summoning is supposed to kill the Summoner, but in this case Jecht took Braskas place....

Unless, NVM, I think I remember now. You have to pick one of your guardians, because of the whole bond and love and emotions.... and I guess the summoner just dies and the guardian is the new sin?

Was that how that whole Sin business worked?

Quote Originally Posted by jeo2388 View Post
    The bad - blitzball
    (Pls let it be mercury sigil, pls let it be mercury sigil... an elixir?! Nooooooooooooo)

The good- everything else
    How????? Blitzball was da bomb!

I'll never forget winning my very first game against the Goers: 3-0 Baby!

I was so confused when I was kicking ass and then the crowd starts booing and calling for Wakka........."eeeh smurf you too guys! I just won the game!"

Good:

- The music isn't horrible after the departure of Uematsu!

- The characters are vivid, detailed and have interesting backstories!

- The graphics are unbelievable!

...And that's about it for me.

The Bad:

- Blitzball? Yeah, go smurf yourselves, SE.

- Linearity. They took away my airship. Bastards. But more than that, the bulk of the game is just going to the temples, solving the puzzles at said temples, and getting the macguffins from the temples. It reminds me of Zelda II, and not in a good way, because at least in Zelda II you have to find the palaces. This game just shoves them all down your throat.

- Voice Acting. I know the lip flaps are difficult to match, especially in 3-D at 60fps, but...but...damn. At no time did I feel at all invested in the voices of the characters in this game. Just cheese, through and through. Yuck.

- The music (although I said it wasn't terrible) still doesn't come off as anything spectacular. X-2's is even worse, with the wah-wah guitar music on the airship that will never leave my nightmares...

I just can't recommend FFX to anyone. To me, it's the point in the series where the original spark of creativity was ultimately lost.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Uematsu still did the FFX soundtrack.

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Uematsu still did the FFX soundtrack.

I still don't think it came off as well as previous entries.

The Good:
    1) I felt as thought the Sphere grid was a great customization system. You could choose to follow a linear progression or branch out and master other techniques.

2) The soundtrack was overall very fitting and matched the mood of the game.

3) Story line was compelling. At times I really felt for the characters and what they were having to endure, especially once they reach Zanarkand.

The Bad:
    1) New weapons and equipment are more or less useless until customization becomes available and at that it can be a pain in the you know what to synthesize decent abilities. Ultimate weapons especially were enough to want to jump off a bridge(yeah I'm looking at you lightning).

2) I felt like the side quests were lacking in this game. They were either extremely tedious or I got to a point where I was all set. The monster arena comes to mind...

3) It wasn't as bad as Final Fantasy XIII but it was still a bit frustrating that you couldn't fly the airship and have to access every location through the menu.

The Ugly:
    1) "HA HA HA HA!"
    "geroeen, pulsa nyet, tolska tanee pre chem"
    "Beauty is a perception tainted by ego;
    Love is an extension of great emotion;
    Fear is the result of uncertainty;
    Sadness is a collection of misery."

Articles
    Blog Entries

Good
    Story
    Characters
    World
    Gameplay
    Summons
    Music
    Party switching
    Blitzball

Bad
    Uhh... I know they exist, but I can't think of any. Seymour, Tidus' laugh and a lot of the usual complaints don't bother me.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Guys, blitzball was the best. Get out.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by jeo2388 View Post
    The bad - blitzball
    (Pls let it be mercury sigil, pls let it be mercury sigil... an elixir?! Nooooooooooooo)

The good- everything else
    blitzball is fantastic what are you talking about are you crazy
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

All these stupid mobile games, and Square has yet to capitalize with Blitzball Mobile.

I would rock the hell out of some Blitzball. Put in unlockable characters like Ject, Tidus, and Wakka, lead your favorite team to the BlitzBowl.......

WTFISWRONGWITHYOU?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?