Thread: The Unfought

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default The Unfought

Anyone else you had a chance to throw down with Emperor Gestahl or General Leo, hell maybe even a fight with Celes before she joins? Which unfought character do you wish you could have tangled with?

It would have been cool to actually get a chance at fighting Kefka and the Triad right at the Floating Continent. Think of it: an unwinnable battle that, if beaten, causes a nonstandard game over where everyone's survival is left in question. Then you go back, lose the battle and the game continues?

The teenage me is nerding it up.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I think maybe fighting some sort of undead/spirit remnant of Gestahl would have been pretty cool. Make it a side quest/optional fight that can only be unlocked under specific, but not vague, circumstances. I guess the reason behind the fight is that there are rumors that a remote area of the world map has been acting strange. When you get into the fight it turns out that the remnant of Gestahl's last feelings of hopelessness, betrayal, and anger have manifested in conjunction with the specific Magicite he was carrying when Kekfa offed him. The reward for said fight would be the magicite that has some good spells with high magic point multipliers.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    I think maybe fighting some sort of undead/spirit remnant of Gestahl would have been pretty cool. Make it a side quest/optional fight that can only be unlocked under specific, but not vague, circumstances. I guess the reason behind the fight is that there are rumors that a remote area of the world map has been acting strange. When you get into the fight it turns out that the remnant of Gestahl's last feelings of hopelessness, betrayal, and anger have manifested in conjunction with the specific Magicite he was carrying when Kekfa offed him. The reward for said fight would be the magicite that has some good spells with high magic point multipliers.
    I could see this being attached to finding Locke or maybe even just having it in the final boss fight gauntlet in Kefka's Tower with Kefka reviving him to work as his undead lackey.