Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default What could have been?

So I was reading TV Tropes out of boredom and found this:

According to supplementary material, X as we know it was originally not going to be a part of the Final Fantasy series at all, but was planned as a separate game called Eighteen. Its plot would have centered around a mysterious disease that kills people on their 18th birthday, and would have had Yuna cast as a doctor/nurse who traveled around the world administering a cure to those who were found to be infected. It would later be revealed that this alleged "cure" was actually the cause of the disease, with the organization Yuna worked for using the "disease" as a means of controlling the world by alleging that they were the only ones capable of providing the cure while simultaneously perpetuating the disease's existence. When the game was later redesigned to be the next Final Fantasy installment, several of these plot points were retooled to fit the new game's story.
    Now I have no idea how true or not that is, but imagine the game having that plot instead. Would it have been better or worse? Would you have been interested in a game with that story?

I think it sounds pretty interesting

Articles
    Blog Entries

It's basically the same story in essence. I can't see how it'd be better or worse.

Articles

Maybe it's because of the image that popped into my head while reading that, but I think is sounds... meh. I just imagine Yuna walking around wearing a white lab coat and holding a chart while prescribing various medicines... HEADACHE CURED! *commence fanfare*

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

sounds good to me
    i'd play it
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

If the plot was like that, it would be certainly interesting but at the same time I can't see it fitting the name Final Fantasy.

Anytime something can be retooled into an FF game, I support it.

They didn't mention traveling through time/dimensions as a boy named Tidus. I whole-heartedly approve

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    They didn't mention traveling through time/dimensions as a boy named Tidus. I whole-heartedly approve
    That didn't happen anyway though that is surely not your point.

yeah, I just didn't know how else to describe being pulled out of a dream(?) and told your town was destroyed a thousand years ago

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Woken up?

Ha :P Except I don't believe he was the one dreaming. He was the dream. Or whatever the hell was going on with that damn story. He was a dream of the fayth or some crap, wasn't he?

Ha :P Except I don't believe he was the one dreaming. He was the dream. Or whatever the hell was going on with that damn story. He was a dream of the fayth or some crap, wasn't he?
    The fayth on Gagazet him or at least Zanarkand (though it is possible that he actually has been biologically produced by his parents, still his existence was bound to the dream) and Yevon=Ju/Yu-Yevon was the summoner who summoned the dream and manifested it far out in the sea where nobody found it. Just as Squall's Griever has been manifested out of nothing but a thought - with the exception that Griever was not bound to the thought afterwards.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

yes. i was joking

get with the program

Yeah I just didn't want anyone to think I knew what I was talking about. I never beat the game, never had much interest in the story let alone dissecting it. It was too poor to catch interest. But instead of riffing on it, I just like to poke fun from the back seat

Blog Entries

It sounds like an episode of Blake's 7 called Cygnus Alpha.
    It had Brian Blessed in it as the antagonist
    And I have to say, Brian Blessed in a Final Fantasy would be badass