Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: I BEAT Final Fantasy III so you don't have to!

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I did the same thing w/ the dragon.

I think run away might be below Items on the battle menu. @ least it is on the DS version, but the Steam version seems quite different (better?). But you still might want to try it & see if it's there.

I hate this part. Like you, I'm stuck w/ 2 magic users, & one only has White magic (my Red Mage). I'd like to use Aero, but I have to kill a spell just to turn Mini. :/

Edit: Forgot to mention there are 2 hidden rooms in the Viking's Cove, one in the room across from the sleeping Viking (Sparkling Dagger) & one in that dead end in the cannon room (Viking Axe).

There's also a hole you passed in the Dragon Temple, where you could get Shell Helmet & Armor. It's by the hole where you enter the last section. IDK if it's worth the hassle, but worth noting.
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 09-07-2014 at 03:13 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can hear you better from sharkys laptop. So that is what I will do from now on

Speaking of vikings, I once went to the grocery store and the guy was like I'm a viking and I was like no you are not and he said well how did you know and I said because I've known you and your family for 6 years and you are not vikings and he said oh and I said yeah and he said well I work here because I'm trying to save up and buy some TV show box sets cause some of them are expensive and I was like yeah friends is like 200 dollars and he's like really that's absurd for that price I might as well just record the episodes on TV and I was like well maybe not because cable or satellite is generally an annual contract and like 50 dollars a month so you might as well just save that 50 for 4 months and then you could afford it and have it forever and really its cheaper in the long run and he was like oh good point oh I see you got the cherry yogurt, good choice

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    I think run away might be below Items on the battle menu. @ least it is on the DS version, but the Steam version seems quite different (better?). But you still might want to try it & see if it's there.
    With Steam you have to press m to flee I think. Which yeah, it's odd, should've been an option on the battle menu.
    I hate this part. Like you, I'm stuck w/ 2 magic users, & one only has White magic (my Red Mage). I'd like to use Aero, but I have to kill a spell just to turn Mini. :/
    I should've switched my jobs but I didn't. Oh well!

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    I can hear you better from sharkys laptop. So that is what I will do from now on

Speaking of vikings, I once went to the grocery store and the guy was like I'm a viking and I was like no you are not and he said well how did you know and I said because I've known you and your family for 6 years and you are not vikings and he said oh and I said yeah and he said well I work here because I'm trying to save up and buy some TV show box sets cause some of them are expensive and I was like yeah friends is like 200 dollars and he's like really that's absurd for that price I might as well just record the episodes on TV and I was like well maybe not because cable or satellite is generally an annual contract and like 50 dollars a month so you might as well just save that 50 for 4 months and then you could afford it and have it forever and really its cheaper in the long run and he was like oh good point oh I see you got the cherry yogurt, good choice
    what the hell is wrong with you cherry is gross

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Everytime I think we can be friends

Articles

Upon appeasing the Nepto Dragon we are free to take the Enterprise onto the seas for some wacky adventures, where we visit a town under siege, a forest full of fairies and an abandoned castle in between fighting a colourful cast of monsters!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Did you notice that before you got the boat, Desch almost exclusively used Thundaga, but once you get on the boat, he starts using the sword more often?

Articles

Yeah, it sucks ass. Stupid Desch.

Articles

We visit the Village of the Ancients and Gulgan Gulch and DID I MENTION CHOCOBOS?

Some Mitten Lover Sir Lancealot's Avatar

I love how the chocobo just walks off the side of the continent without falling to its doom.

Articles

Wile E. Chocobo.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

The knife I mentioned in the Viking's Cove is a stronger one for your thief. He won't be as useless.

Also, those staffs, when used as items, perform fira & blizzara fire & blizzard.
    Last edited by Colonel Angus; 09-14-2014 at 09:24 PM. Reason: Thanks, Steve

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

from the description of them, won't they be free level 1 spells for him to use in battle if wielded as weapons?

Articles

Along with Desch we traverse the deadly clockwork labyrinth that is the Tower of Owen. After encountering strange purple lemuresque creatures, we are haunted and taunted by a mysterious disembodied voice.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mmm those staves do not have a description that matches their actions. This disappoints me. Perhaps they meant it increases the damage of your spell when you cast that specific spell. I've never played the Steam version of 4 or the DS re-release so not sure.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

I'm in the middle of playing the DS version on an emulator & the staffs do perform the spells in that version.