Thread: How long the story took?

Default How long the story took?

Since I am replaying the game right now, I started to wonder just how many days did actually the whole story take?

Day 1 - Start of the game in Dream Zanarkand
    Day 2 - Getting to Besaid
    Day 3 - Kilika's temple
    Day 4 - Luca
    Day 5 - Chocobo eater, operation Mi'Hen
    Day 6 - Off to Moonflow
    Day 7 - Now I don't really remember if the party actually slept there or just spent some time... I will go on as if they didn't sleep so it would be all the way from Djose to Macalania and killing Seymour
    Day 8 - Bikanel, the wedding
    Day 9 - Calm Lands
    Day 10 - Zanarkand
    Day 11 - Beating Sin

I am pretty sure I missed a sleep there somewhere at least once, so please do correct me.

But anyway that means the whole journey took about two weeks. That doesn't sound very long now does it? There is really no deeper point to this thread though, I just wonder.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I'm pretty sure there are nights that aren't shown in cutscenes. Traversing an entire world in two actual weeks on foot is pretty unrealistic, even for a game.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    I'm pretty sure there are nights that aren't shown in cutscenes. Traversing an entire world in two actual weeks on foot is pretty unrealistic, even for a game.
    Well considering they are all stronger individuals, individual drive to succeed and surpass the other pilgrimages made by other summoners, Auron's attitude, and they use ships, the airship, shoopuf, and maybe chocobo.

Edit:

I think you should seperate Bikanel and Bevelle assuming they spent a night in prison. You could even stretch to a bit more than two days.

Edit:

I think you forgot Thunder Plains inn.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

They are, but they are still never shown to move faster along the ground than regular humans do.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Don't forget Sin farted on them an magick'd them to the desert for some reason. Extremely helpful for long journeys

Buy your own jar of Sin's fartgas today. Only $99.95!

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Well while being unrealistic, I don't really think there are unshown nights in the game. Seriously where would you fit them? Can you imagine Auron staying at in for two days or something? Me not.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'd wager it took a lot longer than that. Several areas in the game feel like they actually take quite some time to traverse, and aren't over and done with as quickly as you play through them yourself. Sanubia Desert for instance I could imagine taking days or weeks to cross till you get to Home. Not to mention who knows how long the Al Bhed took to figure out ancient machina and use them to locate Yuna in Bevelle. Judging by the fact that a wedding had been arranged and almost carried out in the meantime, it might have been quite a considerable span of time.

All in all, it might've been somewhere between 1-2 months, if I had to guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Don't forget Sin farted on them an magick'd them to the desert for some reason.
    Because that's exactly what happened, right? Sin didn't just, y'know, take them over to Bikanel itself, like it has been shown to be perfectly capable of doing - twice no less - at the beginning of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Karifean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    Don't forget Sin farted on them an magick'd them to the desert for some reason.
    Because that's exactly what happened, right? Sin didn't just, y'know, take them over to Bikanel itself, like it has been shown to be perfectly capable of doing - twice no less - at the beginning of the game.
    It was a Spoony Experiment reference from when he riffed on this game :P A cut scene with Sin, gas happens, then they're in the desert. However explainable it might be, his version makes me chuckle more. "Sin shows up... farts on them! Then all of a sudden they're in a desert."