9 45.00%
  • Shelinda

4 20.00%
  • Other

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Favorite support character?

Default Favorite support character?

This game (note, only FFX) has just a handful of support cast characters so it should be easy to choose your favorite one right?

Maechen - the lovable and extremely knowledgeable unsent scholar you keep meeting along the road. His insight on the history of Spira is very interesting and his voice is great!

Rin - probably the calmest dude ever. He's merchant at heart all right, but he helped Auron ten years prior to FFX and he is kind to the party through the game as well.

Cid - from the support character cast, Cid is probably the most story related one, being Rikku's father and Yuna's niece. Not to mention he is badass mothersmurfer and he's pretty hilarious imo.

Shelinda - you know her, that acolyte you keep meeting through the game. Starts as acolyte and in just few days she is promoted in Bevelle!

So vote and if you choose Other, please state in your post who it is according to you. As for me? It's hard choice between Maechen, Rin and Cid but in the end I got to hand it to Maechen, I love him and his history insight of the Spira.
    Last edited by Ergroilnin; 08-09-2014 at 10:51 PM.

Do You Like Waffles? DarkBahamut's Avatar

I really like Isaaru!!

I think he is a righteous guy and has no evil in his heart. He does what he thinks is right and even when having to face Yuna, he feels sorry but doesn't know what is right or wrong. He is an interesting character indeed.

No time for "Dilly-Dallying" or "Shilly-Shallying."
    Props go to the one and only, Proxy, for the signature.

Oh damn right, I forgot Isaaru and Dona... Oh well that's what Other is for :x

Rin is a really cool guy, but I think I like Lucil the most. Probably the one closest to the General Leo role in this game.

Articles
    Blog Entries

My favorite support characters is a tie between Lucil, Elma and Clasko, and Shelinda. I like Lucil and Co. because they always treat the party nicely, and in particular with Clasko, you can actually help him get a better life for himself. I like Shelinda primarily because she Yevon's nicer side. She strongly believes in the teachings, yet is still able to be helpful and kind to the party and it is interesting seeing a character so devoted to Yevon.

No mention for O'Aka? The man goes to jail for Yuna!

Voted Rin. Praise his inns all over Spira.

This happens when I post right before I go to bed haha, forgot so many good side characters like Lucil, Clasko, O'aka, Belgemine, Dona, Isaaru... Oh well.

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    Cid - from the support character cast, Cid is probably the most story related one, being Rikku's father and Yuna's niece. Not to mention he is badass mothersmurfer and he's pretty hilarious imo.
    Yuna's niece

Omg shoot me in the head x_x Yuna's uncle of course.

Blog Entries

I had already voted Cid because I liked his no-nonsense attitude, particularly when he admits to not knowing "how this rig flies".

But then I remember Rin made the party pay for items before going to fight Evrae. Gotta respect that sort of entrepreneurism.

I'll go with Rin.

I chose Cid. Aside from his involvement in the story, his accent is to die for. Let's go get "Shin."
    "geroeen, pulsa nyet, tolska tanee pre chem"
    "Beauty is a perception tainted by ego;
    Love is an extension of great emotion;
    Fear is the result of uncertainty;
    Sadness is a collection of misery."

Shelinda is best NPC ever the end

I'm discussing my 108, er, 111 favorite games of all time in THIS THREAD so go check it out and join the conversation!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Cid, I guess. He's the only one I can remember off the top of my head.