Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Hard games vs. easy games

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    I just hate multiplayer trophies. Either put them in their own category or leave them out completely.
    I so agree with this. The primary reason it sucks for me is that I typically don't get any game right when it comes out. So, often, by the time I get the game, multiplayer is dead, which makes it literally impossible to get the trophies. At the same time, I think developers should be able to make the trophies anything they want, easy, hard, whatever. But if they're going to have multiplayer trophies, as you say Pheesh, they need to be in a separate category.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't even touch multiplayer, so I loath the multiplayer trophy.

For me it really depends on how much time I have. I like a challenge as much as any one else, but if I have school/work, time is short and I won't be able to make progress in the game and eventually I become disinterested in the game and sort of forget about it. Easy games are more accessible time-wise, so I can kill 15 - 30 minutes no problem when I just need a quick game to relax and still probably make decent progress in it. That being said, I prefer the challenge rout. I usually set my games at least on hard mode; it might be a bit of struggling at first, but you learn the controls pretty soon and then it's all about getting the hang of it and building skill.

Blog Entries

This is why I play DayZ where my only real opponents are actual people. AI don't care about suppressive fire, being scared or many other things that a person must take into account when they know all of their hard work over however many hours can be taken away with one wrong step out of a door or into a window. People are far more unpredictable and therefore more enjoyable to play with and against.