Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's So Bad About Mondays?

Blog Entries

Always surprises me how impatient old folks tend to be as well. You're retired now, you've got all day, chill out!
    (I suppose it's perhaps the increased awareness at that point of the amount of time left in this world)

Not big on Sundays either. Laundry needs doing, out of energy from the weekend, can't drink much because work next morning.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by The Ceej View Post
    Fine, it's the first day back to work for the boring 9-5ers of the world (it's part of my weekend, generally, but I'm a different breed of cat), so those folks have one legitimate complaint. Other than force people who hate their jobs back to a new work week, what has Monday ever done to anyone?
    Why are you trying to say that this isn't already enough of a reason to hate mondays? Good for you that you don't have a "boring 9-5 life", no need to rub it in for those who are unfortunate enough to be in that situation.

I'm sure you can figure out why people in general dislike mondays when people in general go back to work on that day. Why would people in general think of monday as a great day when that just applies for a small minority?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Cloudane View Post
    Always surprises me how impatient old folks tend to be as well. You're retired now, you've got all day, chill out!
    (I suppose it's perhaps the increased awareness at that point of the amount of time left in this world)
    Is that so? That's pretty ironic. Old people are always the ones walking so slow that even the mannequins are passing them. I like to yell out, "You don't have much time left, Grandpa! You probably don't want to waste it by walking so slow!" I like to, but I'm too nice to actually do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Why are you trying to say that this isn't already enough of a reason to hate mondays? Good for you that you don't have a "boring 9-5 life", no need to rub it in for those who are unfortunate enough to be in that situation.
    I think you're projecting. You hate your job, your work week starts on Monday, so you project that hate to Monday to resolve the cognitive dissonance about your hate toward your job...

Look, we've all had troutty jobs. I've worked in the fast food and retail industries, and it really sucked. I hated it so much, I worked toward getting a job I actually liked. I feel for you, having a job you hate. It sucks, you dread work, but you're afraid you can't live without it...

Society pushed on me the same bull they pushed on you and everyone else. Getting paid for what you like is a pipe dream, and you're not supposed to like your job. But, deep down, you know that's just really their way of saying, "You should be as miserable as I am." Perhaps it's time to consider looking for a different line of work.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

By that logic, I also don't really hate my job, I just hate the things I do at my job. If I had done something else at my job, maybe I wouldn't have hated it. Wow, such insight, much amaze.

You're wrong though. I don't think getting a job I like is a pipe dream. I'm just not currently in one. But even if I did have a job I actually enjoyed, I doubt I would enjoy it as much as I enjoy my days off from work, so I still wouldn't really like mondays, or whichever other weekday it is I am going back to work at.

Also, the line of work I would enjoy would most likely also be a kind of job that would be done between 9-17 on mondays through fridays. Can you imagine someone actually liking that, though?

No one in the entire world actually thinks mondays are inherently worse than any other day. The days of the week are just human constructs anyway. Everyone who dislikes a certain day of the week does so because that particular day brings with it things they do not enjoy. This isn't some huge mystery that no one is aware of or anything. Like I said before, "most" people dislike monday because "most" people have to go back to things they don't enjoy as much as many other things.
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-05-2014 at 02:08 AM.

Blog Entries

Is that so? That's pretty ironic. Old people are always the ones walking so slow that even the mannequins are passing them. I like to yell out, "You don't have much time left, Grandpa! You probably don't want to waste it by walking so slow!" I like to, but I'm too nice to actually do that.
    Well, to be fair, they're probably walking slowly because they're in pain and their bodies are falling apart, that happens at that age. But yeah

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I remember a pizza commercial where a guy dressed up as Monday and all the children cried, but when Friday came in they cheered. This is how I feel about Monday.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Well, to be fair, they're probably walking slowly because they're in pain and their bodies are falling apart, that happens at that age. But yeah
    This is why I'm going to pump my body full of HGH as I age past 50 and still have as strong muscles as when i was in my 20s

It's not just Mondays that suck. It's Tuesday,Wednesday,Thursday,Friday (before home time) and Sunday evenings suck a bit too

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Mondays are my Thursday.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Monday was just always another day of the week to me, even back when it meant I'd be doing school work again. The only day of the week that stuck out was Sunday, but that's only because growing up I had to go to church.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

i'm usually hungover on a saturday/sunday so ... mondays are incredible it's like a new lease on life.

Blog Entries

The wards discharge a lot of patients on Friday so they have the weekend at home, but this means that they'll be flocking back on Monday. Hence the hullabaloo.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not much wrong with it. Especially when you spend it mostly walking.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

90% of my bad work days are Mondays. Mondays are when my customers at the pharmacy are unhappiest because we have problems we need to consult their doctors on from over the weekend. They wait until Friday evening to bring problems to our attention. Typically most doctor's offices won't open until 9AM monday. I open our pharmacy's gate at 9AM and our counter and our phones are immediately flooded with people wondering if it's been done yet. No. Your doctor's office has been open for literally one minute. They have not yet looked at the fax we sent to you buried under hundreds from over the weekend, they have not yet assessed your situation, they have not yet called us with their corrections, and we have not yet prepared your prescription or the dozens of others in a similar predicament that need to be done before yours. Now excuse me while I have this conversation over and over and over again for the next hour before I can get to actually filling prescriptions. And then people wonder why it takes 30-90 minutes to get their prescriptions ready.

I don't dread Mondays, in fact I go in psyched up for the challenge. Some Mondays I kick ass and I feel awesome but some Mondays I don't and it's a bummer.