Thread: What are your thoughts on "charactering up" the Light Warriors for the remake?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moogle What are your thoughts on "charactering up" the Light Warriors for the remake?

What the title says, what are your thoughts about the remakes of this game giving personalities and distinct looks to the four Light Warriors? Do you feel it was a bold move? Maybe you felt it cheapened the original experience, or maybe you felt they didn't go far enough. What are your thoughts on Luneth, Arc, Refia and Ingus?

1000px-FF3_Wallpaper_Job_Change.jpg

Articles

As someone who hasn't played the original, I didn't have a problem with the characters having personalities when I played the DS version. They were very generic and bland, but that didn't stop me from enjoying the game. In fact, you can pretty much ignore them altogether.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I think they hit a good balance. With the game as developed as it is it would have been awkward to have them as complete blank slates, but they made them bland enough that it didn't stray too far from the direction of the original.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

I liked it. They had nice character designs and Refia's just a beauty, and she doesn't even have to wear a cleavage-revealing outfit to be so! Eat your heart out, Rydia/Rosa!

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I think it's an improvement. From what I've seen so far they don't go over the top with it and force it down your throat.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like the characters in the DS version but I can appreciate the fun of building a party of mostly blank slates, I don't know, I just prefer the original NES version more.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Arc is so adorkable.

Felt very shoehorned. Blank slates please.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I think it was a good choice. It certainly helps bring personality to your roles.

To be fair, maybe it's because I never played the original release of III. I think if the original Final Fantasy went back and gave the 4 characters names and personalities, it might be off putting. But I may just be used to the blank slate (or lack thereof) with each game I play.