Thread: 7 Days To Die

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default 7 Days To Die

Ok, so I was watching some let's play videos on Rooster Teeth and they started up a new series for the alpha build of 7 Days To Die which seemed pretty cool to me.

7 Days To Die is essentially Minecraft crossed with L4D2 in a way. Graphically it's a lot more like a simplified L4D2 but has elements what are directly from Minecraft. These include it's crafting and building system. There's a few twists however, such as the physics engine which doesn't allow structures without adequate support so if you think of building a magnificent fortress to hide from the zombies in, you'd better think the project through properly.

As in a lot of Zombie titles of late, the enemies are more active at night and in shadowy areas such as indoors or caverns. They also have a sense of smell. Therefore if you are carrying a load of meat from a hunting trip, the zombies will smell you and attack you based on they can detect you. (Yes, both hunger and thirst play a big part in the game for the player). The zombies also migrate around the map in herds which can leave your party struggling to defend your partially built home before they get in there and wreck it.

The game is available on Steam and well, I figured (If I can get my laptop to run it which should be possible maybe with some program tweaking) it might be a fun thing for us to do as a forum. Due to the nature of the game, it'd be possible for members to drop in/drop out though it'd be better if we had a private server (I can see us on a open server getting dicked when not online) something I can't set up (my laptop would explode).

Either way, take a look at the below video and we'll see if people are interested in setting this up

http://ah.roosterteeth.com/archive/?id=9330&v=more

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I might be interested, mr bottle bog.

Blog Entries

It's another dayz clone. I'll stick to the original.