Thread: The moment you got hooked.

Default The moment you got hooked.

When did you come to Square? Go into ridiculous amounts of detail here!

I got on board with Final Fantasy I on the NES, and technically speaking, Rad Racer as well.

I remember thinking about all the limitless possibilities that were present in the gameplay, back before I knew anything about the way computer programs are coded. How it wasn't just "you got hit" "you fell down a pit" or "you killed the things", but how each action in battle was measured and examined. I wish I could have that thrill of anticipating each new action back...

Anyway, enough. We're off!

Articles
    Blog Entries

The opening AVALANCHE mission at the start of FFVII was the greatest thing my child mind has ever seen and I would act out the scene with my Pokemon toys.

My Pokemon toys!

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

When I went to visit a friend from out of town and I saw him playing FF7.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Articles
    Blog Entries

That bombing mission...

Articles

Probably on my 6th playthrough of FFTA. Probably noticed that I had an issue then.

Final Fantasy 1 for sure.

Triple Triad in Final Fantasy VIII. I didn't have a PS1 back in the day, so I played it with my friend. We spent hours and HOURS trying to get all the cards...one of us would clap incessantly in the background whilst the other made a mess of it.

There was also a debacle involving the Ifrit SeeD trial in which my friend and I decided to make up a Shiva/Ifrit romance based on Ifrit's shocked exclamation of "They have Shiva?!" when we used her against him...I still shudder remembering what we came up with. It was even worse when we got the Brothers. We also made up our own lyrics to Fithos Lusec Wecos Vinosec because, of course, we had no idea what the hell they were singing.

...oh, and Rinoa's dog was cleverly re-named "My arse" for trouts and giggles. Because why use Angelo Cannon when you can use My Arse Cannon? Rinoa saying things like "My arse is really smart!" always got me too. Still gets me now actually, as bad as that probably sounds. xD

In short? FFVIII. That was what got me started. I doubt I would have had anywhere near as much fun if I'd played it by myself, though.