Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Census reveal time!

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Census reveal time!

Who likes doing things four months after the fact? I know I do!

So time to get pumped people, for the fabled moment of statistical revealing is upon us!

How about we start off with some of the simpler things?

I think 6 of the wonderful ladies of EOFF responding is a new record. So hooray for improvement, though we could still probably do better next time.

Looks like we've got at least one small child here, and one person who's over the hill and close to death besides me. Most of you are the best age though so pat yourselves on the back.

Favorite FF:
    (Tie) VI & VII - 5 votes each
    (Tie) IX, X, & XII - 3 votes each
    FFIV - 2 votes
    FFI, VIII, and Tactics - 1 Vote each

I'm a mix of happy and enraged on this one. Happaged? Enrappy? I imagine this is what people who watch the Grammys might feel when their favourite Zebra wins song of the year, but loses out to a mere Horse on album of the year.

If anyone actually watched the Grammys that is.

Least Favorite FF
    XIII - 6 VOTES
    XI - 4 Votes
    (Tie) FFI & II - 3 votes
    VIII - 2 votes
    VI, VII, IX, XII, X-2, DoC - 1 vote

This isn't so bad though that one person who voted VI is on my list. You know who you are Olivarbay. Not too fond of those that voted for IX and XII either. In the interests of protecting their identities, I won't mention that they're Shlup and maybee.

On the plus side, the awfulness that is FFXIII (the worst RPG of this generation, if not ever) seems widely known. Part of me wonders if FFXI is getting a bum rap for being that MMO no one ever played, but how the smurf would I know? I never played that piece of trout.

Stick around because there's more to come. And I fully expect to be face palming all reveal long.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Not surprised, and genuinely happy, that FFXIII got the most votes for least favorite FF. Shows me there is hope for the FF fanbase.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sadly no hope for BoB though.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    In the interests of protecting their identities, I won't mention that they're Shlup and maybee.
    LOL!

What?
    It was funny.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I am one of the two people who cited FFIV as my favorite.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

Judging from the list, more people need to visit this thread >.>

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....-Final-Fantasy

Can't believe FFVII tied first place to that pos FFVI.

(SPOILER)

I have no idea what I voted in this Census thing.

Although I'm fairly certain I said Male under Gender...

Or did I vote at all? Maybe i missed it during my periodic absences.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Time for a new reveal!

Favourite Fan Theory/Rumour
    First we have the losers:
    Vincent is Sephy's dad
    Adlai Stenvinson is Gogo
    Dyne is Playable
    Silly VII rumor/fetch quests (not specified)
    Revive General Leo
    VII and X are connected
    Aeris is actually named Aerith
    Aerith's body is in the soup by the soup guy... yeah whatever.

Ahh, Adlai Stevenson. That takes me ba- wait...

AeriS' body is in the soup by the soup guy? Wolf Kanno compiled these results so I'm not sure what the smurf that means. Let me check.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba
    The theory that Soup Dude from Wall Market found Aeris' body, chopped it up and put it into his soup pot to serve to customers. See related thread for details.
    I must have missed that thread. Also, in before BoB tries to argue that AeriS is a drink.

In third we have:
    All the games exist in the same world and are interconnected - 2 votes

I'm not going to bother looking up which two people said this, but I appreciate the mental gymnastics required to make that theory work. I imagine it's the same sort of logic people follow when they try to argue that the Bible is literally true.

In second:
    (Tie) R=U, VII is going to be remade, Revive Aerith - 3 Votes

Never cared for the R=U theory myself. Mostly because I couldn't be bothered to read most of the half baked theories that get thrown around in the FFVIII forum. Or the FFVIII forum in general for that matter.

Revive AeriS is just a lame rehash of reviving Leo. Yet another way in which FFVII is just riffing off of what came before it.

But I love the FFVII is going to be remade theory. I love it because every time it ever reared its head it got the hopes of the dozens of FFVII fans up, only for the rug to be pulled out and for their fragile little psyches to pull a Cloud and shatter into a million pieces only to be repaired when a remake actually happens. That those fans were once happy and I got to watch that happiness be ripped from them brought me quite a bit of joy.

But before anyone claims bias on my part, I'm just as happy watching the hopes of fans of games I like be crushed as well. I'm an equal opportunity pain enjoyer.

And in first place we have:
    Squall is Dead - 4 Votes

I'm actually happy this won and for one simple reason: it's the only theory which dramatically improves the underlying game if you choose to believe it. So I choose to. I know it's almost entirely impossible that this is what the writers had in mind, mostly because any writer that came up with that orphanage bulltrout isn't that clever, but I like it just the same. It's like the Jacob's Ladder of Final Fantasy.

And if I just spoiled the end of Jacob's Ladder for anyone, it's a 24 year old movie ad there's no excuse for never having seen it if you're over the age of three. But just to show I'm not a total jerk, here's something to make it up to you all:

(SPOILER)
    squallnoface.png

Articles
    Blog Entries

In third we have:
    All the games exist in the same world and are interconnected - 2 votes

I'm not going to bother looking up which two people said this, but I appreciate the mental gymnastics required to make that theory work. I imagine it's the same sort of logic people follow when they try to argue that the Bible is literally true.
    Oh no he didn't!

Whoa, things got real up in that spoiler.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Favourite Fan Theory/Rumour
    Aeris is actually named Aerith
    It might not have won, but this one amused me the most.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Not surprised, and genuinely happy, that FFXIII got the most votes for least favorite FF. Shows me there is hope for the FF fanbase.
    Right there with you!

NOW HOW COME NO ONE SAID FFV WAS THEIR FAVORITE??

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Double update since I've been busy for a bit!

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno
    Fave Game WK Hates:
    FFX - 18 Votes
    XIII - 4 votes
    Compilation of VII - 0 Votes
    I also apparently don't like VII and my opinion doesn't matter according to two people
    This question is weird for me since, while FFX isn't my favourite game, it's far better than FFXIII and the Compilation of FFVII making it the clear right answer. So good on those of you who didn't vote for other games.

I could probably take the time to find out who said that they liked FFXIII more, but we already know BoB is one of them without even needing to check, and I shan't be wasting my time with anyone else when I can make fun of BoB.

You suck BoB.

Now that that's out of the way, let's find out a bit more about these two people who feel WK's opinion about his most hated games doesn't matter. $10 says Bolivar is one of them.

Apparently person number one is Sephex. But I think he may have meant the compilation since he didn't clarify his answer. But the question remains, have I just lost $10?

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar
    Favourite game that Wolf Kanno hates - I don't know if this should be proportional to how much I like it or how much Wolf loathes it! But I think FFXIII is the vertex here. I don't know what upsets him more about it. Could it be that the dungeons are no less barren than they are in Final Fantasy IV? Or that the characters are more fully fleshed out than in Final Fantasy VI? Or how the music blows both of them out of the water? I think what really sets him off, though, is that he knows, deep down inside, that, as a villain, Kefka can't lick Barthandelus' boots.
    smurf. So who the hell was it? I can't find it. Am I missing something here WK?

Also, Bolivar's opinion about FFXIII is bad and he should feel bad.

Next up:
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno
    Fave Game MA Hates:
    IX - 12 votes
    Tactics - 5 votes
    XII - 4 Votes
    TAY - No Votes
    Someone also feels he hates FFIV and his opinion doesn't matter according to two people
    A note about The After Years, he included it as a joke when I asked him, but he has pretty awful taste in FF titles so it makes it nearly impossible to tell when he's joking. The After Years wasn't amazing, but it wasn't completely terrible or anything so I guess that probably should have been my first clue.

All the games here are also good so there's nothing to really make fun of. I guess we'll see who thinks he hates FFIV.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba
    Favourite game that Mister Adequate hates: Definitely FFIV. Any game that has a guy called Cecil as the main protagonist... and still not suck balls, deserves much love
    Looks like a simple case of Bubba not being able to read. Y u no reed Bubba? Ken u englis buter plz?

Well, this was mildly underwhelming. I'd keep going, but I'm left so befuddled by my inability to make fun of most of this that I've lost the will to go on. I'll be back when I feel as though you're able to disappoint me some more.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I'm sorry for being the good son.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think I remember one of the people, on both occasions they didn't vote.