Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ToriJ's Top 11 N64 Games

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Mark it down, friends, #1 shall be Mace: The Dark Age.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

If he wanted to really surprise everyone number one would be Mischief Makers. Not only is it actually really good, I might be the only person on the forum who knows what it is.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Vivi22 View Post
    If he wanted to really surprise everyone number one would be Mischief Makers. Not only is it actually really good, I might be the only person on the forum who knows what it is.
    In that case, he'd also be surprised to make that selection.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

That did occur to me after I worded it that way.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    No Mercy was a pretty good game actually. The Story Mode was set during the McMahon-Helmsley Era and as a lifelong fan of Triple H and Stephanie, this pleased me greatly.

It's been so long though that I mainly remember only two things:
    1. Steph will screw you over in some way.
    2. The APA will demand protection money.
    My favorite was the European Championship, where if you lose the first match you get the option to partner up with Shane.

You could live through Triple H's time as Champion if you hold the WWF belt when you're playing through that division.

You could play as a guy in the Women Division too. Not that I've ever done that

In the interest of dragging this out further, here are some honorable mentions!

Honorable Mentions (Everything is sexier in bold)
    Hey You, Pikachu
    Pokemon Puzzle League
    Pokemon Stadium 2
    Mario Golf
    Mario Party
    Mario Tennis
    Rampage
    WCWnWo Revenge
    WWF WrestleMania 2000

Huh. Played more sports games growing up than I thought.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Ah man, no Jet Force Gemini?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Star Fox?
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    Star Fox?

The genera0l unappreciation for Perfect Dark on this forum is indeed mildly disturbing.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Perfect Dark is amazing. Better than GoldenEye. I just figured if I was going to mention games that should be on the list I'd mention games that didn't stand a chance of being on anyone's list and which no one remembers.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well BoB has probably only a few hours to finish his Top 100 while ToriJ finishes his. Place you're final bets people!

Articles
    Blog Entries

You know the best part about my number one spot? You all would have easily guessed it if you remembered my Top 20 Games list.

1.)

BATTLETANX! The same friend who introduced me to Diddy Kong Racing introduced me to this game. Man, I love my friends. Global Assault improved upon a lot of the elements from the first game and you could enjoy the campaign mode with a friend, while being able to play up to four players in all the other modes. Go to war in Tank Wars, fight to the death in Deathmatch, save your Queen in Battlelords. Several different gangs to choose from, an exciting story, tanks that could fire off missiles, lasers, launch nukes, switch into turbo, teleport, kickass music, and the maps ranged from America, England, France, and Germany. You could blow up the White House! Don't worry, the game takes place when Bush Jr. would have been President, it's all right. When I want to dust off the N64 this is the game that's going into the console first. That's one of the few consistent things that has followed me from when I was a kid.

Now to answer some questions. The first question. The question that must never be answered. Hidden in plain sight. The question I've been running from ALL MY LIFE! Wait, no. That's "Will you will review the FFXIII trilogy?" Instead we're playing a little game I like to call "Have you played this?"

Pilotwings 64
    Never heard of it.

Blast Corps
    Never heard of it.

Conker's Bad Fur Day
    Never played it.

Mace: The Dark Age
    Never played it. Thought the guy on the cover looked like Lord Zed.

Mischief Makers
    I HAVE heard of it, by the way. A fact that surprises everyone including myself. Never picked it up. Biggest regret of my life.

Jet Force Gemini
    Never heard of it.

Star Fox 64
    Never played it.

Quest 64
    I think I borrowed this game from my cousin when I was a kid, but never got far into it. I remember very little about it.

GoldenEye 64
    Did. Not. Like it.

Perfect Dark
    Never played it, which is probably a good thing. When I was a kid I had no appreciation for FPS games. So I probably wouldn't have liked it anyway. Only games I made exception for back then were Doom, Aliens versus Predator 2, and Metroid Prime. I didn't warm up to the genre until F.E.A.R. 1 & 2 so I'd probably enjoy it a lot more now than I would have as a kid.

If anyone is wondering how I numbered these, I rated them from how much fun I had with each game and how much I went back to them. That alone lends itself to some error, since I'm working off of memory from nearly two decades ago, but I definitely know Global Assault and No Mercy are the games I go back to the most. I'd play Smash for days when it first came out, same with Snap, Diddy Kong Racing, Ocarina of Time, Super Mario 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Mario Kart, and Yoshi's Story. I eventually warmed up to World Tour more as I got older. My thing with Zelda is, after I beat it I'll always play until I become an adult, and then nothing is the same as when I was a kid, and I just lose interest in continuing because everything sucks now. OMG, OoT is a metaphor for life.

And that has been "ToriJ's Top 11 N64 games." Sorry, BoB. I was rooting for you to post your #1 right before mine.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Wow, Pilotwings 64 was one of the first games for the N64. Surprised you never heard of it. Conker's Bad Fur Day is notorious for being one of the more risque titles on any Nintendo system. Miyamoto must've been asleep when they OKed that one.

Mace was a pretty decent fighting game by Midway. Yes, Lord Deimos does resemble Zedd.

Your list is very different than mine would be. I would have 7, 8, 9 on there, but I'd go w/ Revenge over World Tour. I had a feeling you might go w/ a game that was not super popular for your #1, but I never even heard of that one. There are some surprising omissions, but I guess there are a lot of games you might not have had the chance to play. Still, some good games on there.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

WWF No Mercy - Hell yeah! My favorite wrestling game ever. Some of the others you picked are cool, too, but Battletanx? wtf is that?

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

I played Battle Tanks! I think! God this was forever ago. Was thee a team called Les Miserables? I always played with them. And i think the "plot" was about this one dude's son having powers and the evil villainness using him maybe?

That was a game, I'm sure of it, even if it isn't the game you were talking about.