Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anime that had the biggest influence on you.

Out of curiosity, how did you watch FY? I don't think it was ever broadcast outside of Japan. I only ever found it online or in DVD format.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Probably Naruto for being my gateway anime. xD

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    Out of curiosity, how did you watch FY? I don't think it was ever broadcast outside of Japan. I only ever found it online or in DVD format.
    I can't remember any specific, but it had to have been 2000'ish when I rented it on VHS. So I don't think it stayed in Japan for more than a few years

I only watched one anime to completion in my life, and it was because my roommate in college wanted me to get it for him. It's called Love Hina, and since it's the only one I've seen, it had no influence on me, whatsoever. It's all I've got.
    I need to get a real signature. Please let me know if you're into this sort of this and willing to help for the price of say, on the house.

That's actually a really good one. I enjoyed it a lot. It is the first manga that I bought and read to completion. So it had a pretty good influence on me. One of the few anime that I watched to completion as well

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    That's actually a really good one. I enjoyed it a lot. It is the first manga that I bought and read to completion. So it had a pretty good influence on me. One of the few anime that I watched to completion as well
    Seriously? I was beginning to think I was the only person that had ever seen it.
    I need to get a real signature. Please let me know if you're into this sort of this and willing to help for the price of say, on the house.

well let's see

nge smurfed up my brain when i first watched it
    code geass too smurfed up my brain and my heart
    and lagann made me appreciate the fine art of GAR

so yeah, those 3 especially, left an impression much more intense than any other anime i've watched (and i've watched lots of sht)

special mention for Monster, which too messed up with my brain, but dammit if it isn't the most flawless-structured story i've ever watched

Blog Entries

Gundam Wing and .HACK//sign

Articles

Rave master was the first "anime" anime I got into and it set me off towards buying manga. I should probably finish up that collection considering I'm missing 2 volumes.

I now mostly watch light hearted anime, "Gochuumon was Usagi desu ka?" (Is your order a rabbit?) stood out for me from last seasons. Mostly because adorable.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I watched a lot of Dragonball Z and that's kind of when I started to recognise anime as a thing, I suppose.

Sailor Moon (although I watched it when I was a kid) was what really got me into the anime scene when I was around 14 or so, and it was a gateway into the weird and wonderful world of this particular medium.

Azumanga Daioh got me further in, and probably was my first anime love.
    Air TV (although I had no idea what was going on) got a massive emotional response from me, and it's kind of what made me go "Wow, anime can be pretty deep".
    I think the first series I kept up to date with from week to week was K-On!!, which has unfortunately got me watching anime from week to week alongside other rubbish TV I watch.
    Hikaru no Go showed me that although I like anime, much like television shows, there are going to be ones I don't like, and similarly Evangelion showed off that popularity in anime doesn't necessarily mean quality. Obvious lessons now that I am older, but as a young teen, I could have been swayed into weirdo weeaboo zone who loves anime for being anime.

I have also watched Love Hina, I thought it was pretty great.

As a dumb soppy aside, without any anime in my life, I probably would not have met Matt, so the entire medium as a whole has had that profound affect on my life. So yeah. xD

Air TV have the puppet guy and the sick blonde girl that says "Gau" a lot? If so I totally agree. I watched one version of the series that stuck with me for WEEKS. And I can't bring myself to re-watch it because it was so profoundly impactful. It was gorgeous though. But I had also acquired the OVAs and movie and have yet to ever see them because I've heard they have the same thing going on lol

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

That is the exact one, yes.

I can honestly say I do not have any clue what went on throughout that entire series, something I have learned that comes with the territory with Key Visual Novel anime adaptations. I thought I had it for a while... but then the girl was an alien and then the guy becomes a crow(??????).

Er what? lol Must be a different version than what I watched. There was some reincarnation touched on, but I don't recall any alien/crow thing. But the one I watched was just called AIR. Maybe I saw the OVA series and avoided the TV series. If so, it's nice to know they managed to capture the same effect in both. Though the one I watched made a lot of sense, it just held its reveals until towards the end of the series

Quote Originally Posted by Shorty View Post
    Bebop-Bebop!

Also possibly potentially Rurouni Kenshin.
    Bebop, yesss!

Also, Samurai Champloo
    samurai_champloo.jpg

Scrapped Princess
    2lwpwf4.jpg

and Azumanga Daioh (still watching) too
    Everything will be fine now... because I'm not alone. If I call out... they will answer.
    Squall Leonhart

Formerly Important Lonely Paper Star's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Saerin Vanagloria (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Chat Operator

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    It was licensed here in the US. I rented it on VHS tapes. We used to have a local game/anime rental place.

Starting on my left with one, your number comes up, you go.