View Poll Results: Which Suikoden Games Have You Played?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Suikoden I

30 73.17%
  • Suikoden II

27 65.85%
  • Suikogaiden Vol. 1

17 41.46%
  • Suikogaiden Vol. 2

14 34.15%
  • Suikoden Card Stories

15 36.59%
  • Suikoden III

24 58.54%
  • Suikoden IV

26 63.41%
  • Suikoden Tactics

23 56.10%
  • Suikoden V

25 60.98%
  • Suikoden Tierkreis

20 48.78%
  • I haven't played any but I want to!

21 51.22%
  • I haven't played any and I'm not interested

15 36.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have You Played Any Suikoden Games?

I've played and enjoyed all the numbered entries except for 2. I have never played 2 and I don't feel as if I ever will since it's impossibly expensive on eBay and just won't be put on PSN here in NA for whatever reason.

I'd buy it on eBay but with everything I've heard about it I know there is no way it will live up to my expectations to justify $150 or more on it.

:monster:

It was claimed a few months ago that II would be coming out on PSN, but I don't know if anything has come of it yet.

I got I & II together for $64
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

I've played 1, 2, and Gaiden Vol. 1.

The first game hasn't aged to well, but was still fun.

Suikoden 2 does a great job living up to the hype, and is one of two games I've scene do a great job handling such a large cast. FF VI being the other, though VI doesn't really compare with the 108 man army you form.

Gaiden VOlume 1 was great, and one of the only Visual Novel games I've enjoyed. Sierra's bit in the beginning is full of so many feels.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I've beaten 1, and played a good deal of 2. In the second one I got so bogged down in having to pointlessly run all over the place to do basic party management that I just gave up on the whole thing.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

And to think, everyone hates on Chrono Cross' large cast while eating up these games which have...what, over twice as many?

I've not played so much as a second of any Suikoden game. I intend to someday but who knows when that day will come. I've been here about eight years so maybe in another eight I'll just be staring them.

Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    It was claimed a few months ago that II would be coming out on PSN, but I don't know if anything has come of it yet.

I got I & II together for $64
    I saw that and got excited, but we haven't heard so much as a word since then.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I payed a good deal of monies for 2 but I find it was worth it if you can save up

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    And to think, everyone hates on Chrono Cross' large cast while eating up these games which have...what, over twice as many?
    Yeah but Suikoden does a better job of making a good chunk of them feel like they belong in the story and they are written as actual people as opposed to the gimmicky characters that comprise most of CC's cast. Not that Suikoden doesn't have it's fair share of gimmicky characters but one its cast is twice as large and still finds a way to make close to half feel relevant and the games tend to also be pretty tongue in cheek about the weirder characters. Mel from Suikoden III is a wonderful example of a ridiculous gimmicky character the game treats like a ridiculous gimmicky character. Still have to love her foul-mouthed puppet Bracky.

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    I payed a good deal of monies for 2 but I find it was worth it if you can save up
    Another time I probably would. Back when I was really into the series (PS2) I just didn't have the extra money and now I am just not into games enough to justify the price of Suikoden 2. Heck, it would probably take me forever to even get around to it. I have way too many games I need to play.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I've beaten all of the main-numbered Suikoden games, and played Tactics. It's my favorite RPG series. Suikoden II is my favorite (and one of my favorite games overall), followed by III and V. SI is still great for nostalgia, and SIV is still fun, though the weakest entry of the series.