View Poll Results: What's your favorite(s)?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Legend of Zelda

8 28.57%
  • The Adventure of Link

0 0%
  • A Link to the Past

15 53.57%
  • Link's Awakening

5 17.86%
  • Ocarina of Time

6 21.43%
  • Majora's Mask

8 28.57%
  • Oracle of Seasons

3 10.71%
  • Oracle of Ages

3 10.71%
  • The Wind Waker

4 14.29%
  • Four Swords

1 3.57%
  • Four Swords Adventures

0 0%
  • The Minish Cap

1 3.57%
  • Twilight Princess

5 17.86%
  • Phantom Hourglass

0 0%
  • Spirit Tracks

0 0%
  • Skyward Sword

5 17.86%
  • A Link Between Worlds

4 14.29%
  • Other

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Favorite Zelda game?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default Favorite Zelda game?

I know we have plenty of Zelda fans on here and I decided I like making polls, so what is/are your favorite(s) Zelda game(s)? I'm going to be nice and allow multiple answers this time around.

My favorite games are The Legend of Zelda, A Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Oracle of Ages, Oracle of Seasons, Four Swords, The Wind Waker, and Twilight Princess. I didn't care for The Adventure of Link, and while I like Majora's Mask as a concept it didn't do anything for me. I unfortunately haven't played enough of Link's Awakening to have much of an opinion on that. I haven't played Four Swords Adventure, The Minish Cap, Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks, Skyward Sword, or A Link Between Worlds. I expect I'll be getting my hands on A Link Between Worlds rather soon, though.

Discuss.

Twilight Princess is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of the Zelda series. The aesthetic of it was spot-on and the gameplay itself was stellar. Honorable mentions would have to go to Windwaker and The Minish Cap. Bottom of the list includes Ocarina of Time and Skyward Sword.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by I Took the Red Pill View Post
    Bottom of the list includes Ocarina of Time
    It begins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

:monster:

I voted for the original, Link to the Past, and Link's Awakening. If forced at gunpoint to choose one I'd choose one of the former two, but which one would depend on my mood.
    Don't delay, add The Pimp today! Don't delay, add The Pimp today!
    Fool’s Gold tlsfflast.fm (warning: album artwork may sometimes be nsfw)

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    It begins.
    Haha. Not trying to stir up a trout storm. I played Ocarina of Time well after it came out and when I was like 20 years old so I didn't feel the same magic that I'm sure a lot of people did. Still a fun game, just inferior to most other entries in my estimation.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    It begins.
    Haha. Not trying to stir up a trout storm. I played Ocarina of Time well after it came out and when I was like 20 years old so I didn't feel the same magic that I'm sure a lot of people did. Still a fun game, just inferior to most other entries in my estimation.
    Okay, that's actually a pretty fair stance and reasoning!

Articles
    Blog Entries

Twilight Princess is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of the Zelda series. The aesthetic of it was spot-on and the gameplay itself was stellar.
    Don't see too much Twilight Princess love, these days. When it's not being criticized for being too much like OoT, it's being criticized for not being enough like OoT. I see more people preferring The Wind Waker to it, too. It's funny, I remember everyone hating the new art style for The Wind Waker and the next time I turned around everyone was praising it.

Twilight Princess has my favorite designs of Link and Princess Zelda. Especially Princess Zelda. I still think I lean more towards Ganondorf's design in OoT, but his TP design is just as good IMO.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Can't say I liked Twilight Princess. I can only stand Nintendo rehashing the same games so many times. I'll give them credit for trying something a bit different, but they spent way too much time on the story and the unbelievably long and mind numbingly boring introductory segment of the game and then made it worse by adding those wolf segments which were just an abomination. I actually would have preferred another straight rehash of OoT. Hell, I would have preferred the god damn sailing in Wind Waker. At least that game looked pretty while I was bored.

My favourite is probably a Link to the Past. Link's Awakening is up there though and I like Majora's Mask for being the most interesting and entertaining of the 3D Zelda's.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I only played up until the point where you're a wolf trying to get through Farron Woods. I have the troutty Wii version, and the controls are just godawful. Denmark has the GameCube version, and I might play it at some point.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Majora's Mask was my second and it has been my favorite since I beat it. Just beat it again in some years about a week and a half ago actually.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I confess, I never made it past the introduction part of TP, nor did I get very far in TWW. I've seen the ending of both games though so I still count them as favorites since I liked what I saw.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The original is best! A Link to the Past is also close to best.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Majora's Mask hands down

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Twilight Princess is, in my opinion, the pinnacle of the Zelda series. The aesthetic of it was spot-on and the gameplay itself was stellar.
    Don't see too much Twilight Princess love, these days. When it's not being criticized for being too much like OoT, it's being criticized for not being enough like OoT. I see more people preferring The Wind Waker to it, too. It's funny, I remember everyone hating the new art style for The Wind Waker and the next time I turned around everyone was praising it.

Twilight Princess has my favorite designs of Link and Princess Zelda. Especially Princess Zelda. I still think I lean more towards Ganondorf's design in OoT, but his TP design is just as good IMO.
    NSFW NAUGHTY WORDS!!!

Zelda fans in a nut shellN13HM.png

Barring how overly racist the above picture is, its still a fair assessment of Zelda fans.

The original, Link to the Past, and Twilight Princess are my favorites, funny enough everything Vivi22 hates about TP I happen to like it.

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only Zelda games I've beaten are Wind Waker, Ocarina of Time, and the original. I've played part of 2, one of the Oracle Of games, Link's Awakening, Majora's mask, Twilight Princess, Four Swords... that's probably it. I only beat the original game for the first time last year!

I don't even care, Ocarina of Time was my first, and it will probably always be my favorite. Well, I played the original first, but I was a dumb kid and had no idea what to do so I don't really count that.That being said, all except for one of the ones I've played are all fantastic games. The bit I played of Four Swords was probably my least favorite so far, but i've only played a little bit of it with one other friend. Maybe I'd find it more fun with the full 4 person experience. Who knows.

I have A Link to the Past downloaded on my Wii U. Eventually I'll get around to playing it, and also beating the other Zelda's. I've made it a life goal to play through every single one minus the CD-i games and that one satellite game thing that never made it to America.