Thread: Nice Job Breaking it Heroes - FFIV Edition

Default Nice Job Breaking it Heroes - FFIV Edition

So even after Cecil redeems his evil ways he still helps Golbez get more of the crystals, including one phenomenal moment of stupidity when he lets the Slowly Floating Hand of Golbez (TM) steal it. I mean come on. YOU BEAT HIM SO BAD HE WAS JUST A HAND. Yet he still beat you.

Good job good guys.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would argue the Sealed Cave was the bigger screw up, Cecil only assumes Golbez would eventually get in there but considering how much of a bitch that place was, he may have been counting on Cecil to go in for him. There was also the whole Earth Crystal for Rosa's life thing... yeah... sometime being Lawful Good means you're Lawful Stupid.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

They should've busted her out, A-Team style. She never would've died anyway, because Kain wouldn't allow it.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'm sure Golbez would have gotten into the Sealed Cave eventually, he just took the opportunity he was given. Although if he had the ability to control Kain the whole time then the only logical reason he didn't re-exert his control earlier (you know to stop the massive interfering with his plans) would be because he planned on them getting it for him from quite a long way out.

Although even if you did manage to kill Golbez then Zeromus is still up there projecting his evil thoughts on the earth and will keep going until he gets his way. So in reality having Golbez collect all the crystals was kind of a necessary step for the heroes.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't know...if I saw that hand thing happen out of nowhere I would be very perplexed and probably drop the ball on that one, too.

I agree more with the sentiment that the party should have counted on the fact that Golbez was waiting for them to get the crystal. The second Golbez was taking over Kain again, I would have ran like crazy or made damn sure the crystal was more securely guarded.