Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
Yeah I by no means meant that Jecht wanted the destruction.

I guess my point may be a little different than what it may seem. What Jecht, Tidus, Yuna and all the others brought, Eternal Calm, is great and really relieved the sorrow of Spira.

I was just pointing out that if for some reason there was no more Final Summoning (let's say Yunalesca turned into fiend and couldn't make fayth anymore), the only real change for Spira would be that there is no hope of having at least short Calm and there wouldn't be any pilgrimages, summoners and guardians anymore. So Spira would have to accept Sin as somewhat force of nature and summoners would be just senders.

I mean there were hundreds of years between Sin defeats most of time, whole generations were born, lived and died without ever having Calm. And I am pretty sure that during those hundreds of years, Final Aeon consciousness faded from all previous incarnations so Sin was running around in his "default" setting.

Then again who knows, one hundred year from now Sin could have gone insane for one reason or another and just kill everything anyway, but considering such scenarios doesn't really matter, meteor could strike the Spira earlier, kill everything as well, etc.