Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey peeples

Default Hey peeples

This is a first; I don't think I've ever said "peeples" before. "Peeps," sure, but not "peeples." And there you have it, my first sentence ever said on this forum was that waste of time.

I don't generally do introduction threads on forums because I don't really enjoy calling attention to myself like this. It's one thing to do it in my posts about stuff, it's another to do it like this. But I actually have a purpose (besides you know, introducing myself).

My name is Tyler, so it's nice to meet you all. I enjoy the look of this forum. I don't say that very often because most forums look like crap. Anyway, I love forums and have for at least a decade now... but most forums are dying off. I haven't been a regular on one in years and was looking to change that, so I've been registering to a lot of different forums over the past 2 weeks or so. Most of them I can tell whether it's somewhere I actually want to be or not, it's just a feeling I get, and this place legit seems decent, but I haven't actually looked at the forums yet.

My question is, and I would appreciate honesty here, how active is this forum? I actually don't want a huge forum, and I noticed that there were at least 10 registered members online when I started this thread. I just want a smaller -- but not too small -- forum where your posts don't get lost in the shuffle. I'm pretty particular, as you can see.

I only ask this when I get the feeling that I may dig a forum. I found another one a week ago but it was so dead and the few members that post just said it's dead because of summer but there's just nothing going on at all. I enjoy there being a well-known group of regulars, but talking to the same 3 people over and over gets boring.

The reason this is important to me, and why I ask, is because I will gladly make threads and participate a lot but when I log on and see no new responses or just responses by the same couple people it makes me feel like I've wasted my time.

Thanks for reading that. It was a lot longer than I wanted it to be and I know nobody should give a trout whether I stay or not, so I'm not asking this question with any arrogance at all... I just wanna know is all.

And tell me something about yourself because you're probably more interesting than me!

Edit: I enjoy the censorship, haha, trout made me laugh.
    Last edited by deepdoop; 08-25-2014 at 01:39 PM. Reason: Swearing!
    Will post for food.

Banished Ace Recognized Member Agent Proto's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hello there! Welcome to the forums! Glad that you are liking our censors, it's clearly one of the highlights of this place.

Apparently, I have been declared banished.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravely Proto View Post
    Hello there! Welcome to the forums! Glad that you are liking our censors, it's clearly one of the highlights of this place.
    It's the first time I've ever praised censorship! All kinds of firsts in this thread. And thanks for the welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    This forum is extremely active. I think we have around 50 very active members (not sure on the exact numbers) and maybe 100 semi-active?

Welcome to the forum! Hope you stick around and have fun here.
    Ah, sweet. Yeah, see that's what I'm looking for. I'm glad I found the place. Thank you for the welcome.
    Will post for food.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Our forum activity has its highs and lows, but there is mostly atleast a steady stream of activity. There aren't hundreds of active members, but enough for you to feel social and engaged, I'm certain.

Welcome

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Welcome! Yeah we're fairly active. And our community is world wide. A majority are US residents but we have a large UK population too. Then you have your random canadians and swedes etc etc. Then we have our aussies as well. don't forget them or they'll throw koalas.

Depending on what section you post you may see slower responses. Some of the older FF games get less attention because they've been talked to death. Most our activity is in our general forums now, General chat, gaming, lounge etc. But we're still decently active in the lower FF forums.

Welcome once more and I hope you enjoy your stay!

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Welcome to the forums! I hope this place ends up being what you are looking for! People have already stated what I would about the activity so I'll just say I agree with what everyone else has said.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Welcome

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hallo, activity generally ebbs and flows but there is a good number of regulars and even if they don';t always make threads they'll certainly respond to most threads.

Hey to all of you who have welcomed me since my last post in here. I appreciate it.

To the person who mentioned where most of the activity is these days, that's completely fine with me. I will probably post more in the general sections anyway. I'm already seeing the activity here, which is cool. It's nice to find a forum where you can check back in every few hours and know there will be some new posts. Last couple places you could go 24 hours and only get a couple new posts, so I definitely intend on stickin' 'round hurr.
    Will post for food.

Welome Deepdoop. You're always welcome in the IRC chat channel too. There's always a few people in there too, if you're into the live talking thing.
    I need to get a real signature. Please let me know if you're into this sort of this and willing to help for the price of say, on the house.

Articles

Hey deepdoop.

I think you should be fine here. I too was looking for similar things before I joined and so far things have been pretty great.

Welcome and have fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I know a Tyler. In fact, I know two Tylers. I shall call you Tyler #3. You have a Deadpool in your avatar, so this automatically gives you 20 free brownie points. You can save those or spend them on upgrades to enhance your performance.

I am ToriJ, Resident Critic. Product of the nineties and live under a rock made of reinforce steel. The likelihood I would have never heard of 90% of the things you know is very likely. Do not fear my blank expression.

Post lots!

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    I know a Tyler. In fact, I know two Tylers. I shall call you Tyler #3. You have a Deadpool in your avatar, so this automatically gives you 20 free brownie points. You can save those or spend them on upgrades to enhance your performance.

I am ToriJ, Resident Critic. Product of the nineties and live under a rock made of reinforce steel. The likelihood I would have never heard of 90% of the things you know is very likely. Do not fear my blank expression.

Post lots!
    Howdy! I also know two Tylers, and both of them are cooler than me.

Thanks for the welcome and I will post lots! I think I have found what I'm looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Uchu View Post
    Hey deepdoop.

I think you should be fine here. I too was looking for similar things before I joined and so far things have been pretty great.

Welcome and have fun.
    Thank you Hello!

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Welome Deepdoop. You're always welcome in the IRC chat channel too. There's always a few people in there too, if you're into the live talking thing.
    What, a live chat? But then I can't take 10 minutes to think up a clever and suitable response. Thanks for the welcome, hello to you.
    Will post for food.

FFXIV Character

Twinkle Belle (Hyperion)

*Throws some Koalas*

I am glad you have found a good forum here. It is very active -as far as I am concerned- I am gonna be honest, I usually just skim to find threads that interest me, but I don't have the time to keep up with every single new one, there are so many! (Sorry everyone!) :P

I enjoyed your intro, looking forward to seeing more from you :3

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

¡Hola! Bienvenido a Eyes on Final Fantasy. Espero que encuentres tu tiempo aquí para ser agradable.