Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: The Chrono Campaign Has Begun

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

You have to be an asshole to succeed. Besides you'll understand why we told you this if you do another playthrough and help her.

In fact if memory serves me correct, in order to get some party members and recruits, you pretty much have to blow off Kid every time she asks for help and not help her when she's poisoned..

Well I did it and I did make a save file before the choice for the Continue + feature.

But to recap my progress so far:

1. Dragon Feeding. 100 times. Doing it "normally" got me nowhere. Spamming buttons like a madman led to success.

2. Marcy was an easy enough boss. Then the "Prophet of Time" was there. Was that supposed to be Gasper? He said a lot of stuff I didn't understand. Well the stuff about there being two worlds was simple enough but everything about Serge's existence and all that? No clue.

3. Then Lynx showed up. Okay, a recap. First attempt, he wasn't that hard at all. Except he used this move called Hellbound which I gather is an instant KO spell. Now we have precisely ONE Revive Element we found in the place. ONLY HE USED THE MOVE TWICE. And you can only use an Element once. So.....smurf. No charactes and stars left behind! I reloaded and did the fight again and this time he didn't use the move even once. What the hell.

4. Oh it wasn't even Lynx at all. I was thinking it be one of those Xenosaga deals where you win the fight then they just one shot you anyway. But whatever, Lynx says a lot more stuff I don't understand. Probably plays into the line someone said way earlier (I have no idea who it was now) about Serge destroying the world. Only Serge is the Chrono Trigger? Wasn't that an actual thing in Chrono Trigger? I forget what it was....

And so here I am, about to take a boat to somewhere because the Shaman told me to. No idea what's going on, I want Kid back and Viper Manor felt like it took way too long in spite of the fact very little happened.

5. Oh, forgot. I'm really curious to find out what happened to Dario. An accident they say? But no one will shut up about it. I'm sure this will be at least somewhat significant eventually.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The Prophet of Time is actually Balthazar and everything he said won't make sense until a second playthrough... In fact get used to characters dropping vague out of context speeches onto you that won't make sense until New Game+ I did warn you that this was the Xeno team after all.

Viper Manor simply introduces you to General Viper and his Arcacia Dragoons who you will be seeing a lot of for awhile. Guile has one of the most lackluster stories into sneaking into the mansion and that is kind of the end of any relevance he has in the plot. Granted he's broken as all hell since he's one of like I think three characters whose Lv. 3 normal is a group hitting attack. He's a beast in the endgame.

Pierre has an absolutely hilarious story into V. Manor and I vaguely remember Nikki having a more involved plot since he's one of the games few major players and thus his story foreshadows his awesome father. Sadly Nikki is probably the crappiest of the three you get. I am curious, who have you recruited so far?

As for Dario, since it sounds like you chose to ditch Kid, you will get a better version of the story about him. It's a bit complicated and involves another shout-out/connection to CT.

I have:
    Serge
    Glenn
    Kid
    Greco
    Poshul

And I think Macha and Doc are there too? I have no intention of using them but they let me name them and said they wanted to join the party.

So there are multiple stories to Dario's death depending on your path?

Also Balthazar being the old man is...weird. I thought he died and all was left of him was his robot thing. Guess not. Looking forward to see how that is explained.

Anyway, a lot has happened.

1. Met Fargo and his merry band of pirates. No idea if he's supposed to join later or what. No idea why his ship was attacked by monsters either. Maybe it's just a sign of things getting out of whack with the world.

2. Yay, Kid is back! That indeed didn't take long. She also apparently holds no grudge as I'll get into in a minute.

3. My party now is Serge, Glenn and Kid. I wasn't sure if I wanted Guile instead of Glenn but I gather Glenn has a bit more Plot to him, especially with us going against his lord and general and all, even if his lord/general is being used by the nefarious Lynx.

4. Speaking of which, Kid backstory! Her opening up to Serge like that is why i said she evidently holds no grudge for him being an asshole. Then again, I guess she never really realized how much of an asshole he had been. Regardless, I loved that scene. Whatever song played there? Top Tier quality. I mean Kid's backstory isn't the most original or anything but it sure as hell justifies her hatred for Lynx and also her "always act tough" demeanor.

5. Oh I'm getting ahead of myself though. So the humans drove out the dwarves which made them try and seize land from the fairies and both groups end up blaming humans. Eh, why not. Domino Effect and all that, the humans tipped over the dominoes. Although I guess Feinds - er, demi-humans - were once expansionist too so...I dunno. Everyone Sucks is the moral of the story.

6. No new dialogue or anything with Serge's mom or "Home Leena" which is kinda disappointing. I hope something happens there eventually at least.

And there's where I am. I guess actual plot advancement has been kinda slow but oh well. I'm not sure what will happen next. Maybe Lynx finally just up sand kills Viper Maybe I'll finally learn the details of Dario's death because no one will shut up about it.

Oh, oh, oh!

7. I remembered the brief stop at Radius but was like "...not much to comment on there" but there IS something to comment on there. Harle can go smurf herself. How the hell can she and Lynx both be eventual party members??? It boggles the mind. I'd prefer stabbing them both. A lot.

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I found the character selection in CC to be very lack-luster until after Fort Dragonia. Outside from Guile/Glenn there isn't anyone who I would really want to be in my party. And considering the first playthrough I grabbed neither of them, well you are doing well in comparison.

This is making me want to ditch playing DQ8 for the first time and replay CC.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

Well a lot of crap has happened....

Fort Dragonia took a good while but partly that is my fault. The Yellow Crystal puzzle confused me more than it should have. The Fort Dragonia music was AWESOME though, especially with the bell ringing and stuff. Great atmosphere.

And like usual, getting ahead of myself. Beat up the Dragoon Trio with no real problem. Before that fought Solt and Peppor and they explained how to use Traps. I proceeded to try and use it too only to gain nothing. I thought you just used the right Element Trap before the enemy used that Element spell or whatever and it saved you or something. Apparently not.

Getting back to Dragonia, my predictions about Lynx and Viper were spot-on. Not that I'm some genius....it was just kind of obvious. What i did not predict however was Lynx in Serge's body. Holy hell that's a bitch development! I wonder how long it will take to get that all sorted out.

Poor Kid... I'm sure she's alright but for right now Serge-Lynx is stuck in some weird other dimension maybe? I'm not really sure. I am really tired and after the short conversation with Sprigg about how much life sucks, I saved it so I can finally get to bed.

I'll probably have more thoughts once I wake up and can think straight.

P.S.

So Lucca is definitely a goner. That's one CT party member down. I still have my doubts they were all killed off or confirmed to be killed off. I guess I'll wait and see.

Contributions

Traps are... rather situational. Aside from a few bosses there isn't much point in using them defensively, they are more for farming elements that you can't buy. You can only purchase offensive elements up to level 4, all the level 5 & 6 attacks and the level 8 summons can only be obtained via trap. (You might be able to grab a couple of the lv5s through chests, I can't remember).

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    I have:
    Serge
    Glenn
    Kid
    Greco
    Poshul

And I think Macha and Doc are there too? I have no intention of using them but they let me name them and said they wanted to join the party.
    I think you left out Guile in there but you have for the most part my final party. Serge, Glenn, and Guile which is hilarious in hindsight because they are almost a copy of my favorite party in CT of Crono, Frog, and Magus.

So there are multiple stories to Dario's death depending on your path?
    Not necessarily multiple, more like you get a few lines of dialogue if you bring the right people. It's a huge sub-plot with an interesting twist at the end.

Also Balthazar being the old man is...weird. I thought he died and all was left of him was his robot thing. Guess not. Looking forward to see how that is explained.
    Not really, I think I can explain this without really spoiling anything but remember that Balthazar passed away in the original Robo future where Lavos turned everything into a death world. Since Crono and pals changed that future... well I'm sure you'll figure out the rest.

1. Met Fargo and his merry band of pirates. No idea if he's supposed to join later or what. No idea why his ship was attacked by monsters either. Maybe it's just a sign of things getting out of whack with the world.
    Fargo is probably my favorite character not connected to the other major subplots in this game. He's also connected to a sequence that has one of the coolest musical moments in the game.

2. Yay, Kid is back! That indeed didn't take long. She also apparently holds no grudge as I'll get into in a minute.
    Yeah, Kid has a tendency to bounce back.

3. My party now is Serge, Glenn and Kid. I wasn't sure if I wanted Guile instead of Glenn but I gather Glenn has a bit more Plot to him, especially with us going against his lord and general and all, even if his lord/general is being used by the nefarious Lynx.
    You would be correct.

4. Speaking of which, Kid backstory! Her opening up to Serge like that is why i said she evidently holds no grudge for him being an asshole. Then again, I guess she never really realized how much of an asshole he had been. Regardless, I loved that scene. Whatever song played there? Top Tier quality. I mean Kid's backstory isn't the most original or anything but it sure as hell justifies her hatred for Lynx and also her "always act tough" demeanor.
    I think it's her personal theme "Star-Stealing Girl"

5. Oh I'm getting ahead of myself though. So the humans drove out the dwarves which made them try and seize land from the fairies and both groups end up blaming humans. Eh, why not. Domino Effect and all that, the humans tipped over the dominoes. Although I guess Feinds - er, demi-humans - were once expansionist too so...I dunno. Everyone Sucks is the moral of the story.
    Yeah this whole scene was weird, I love how you save the Fairies and then they kick you out because apparently being part of the species that caused the problems is a greater crime than actually be genocidal. Its one of the games more anvilicious scenes.

6. No new dialogue or anything with Serge's mom or "Home Leena" which is kinda disappointing. I hope something happens there eventually at least.
    Serge's Mom is a bit more oblivious than Crono's. Home Leena really doesn't offer much either although you get some amusing dialogue if you had recruited her Another World counterpart.

7. I remembered the brief stop at Radius but was like "...not much to comment on there" but there IS something to comment on there. Harle can go smurf herself. How the hell can she and Lynx both be eventual party members??? It boggles the mind. I'd prefer stabbing them both. A lot.
    How dare you! Harle is like one of the game's best characters.

Well a lot of crap has happened....

Fort Dragonia took a good while but partly that is my fault. The Yellow Crystal puzzle confused me more than it should have. The Fort Dragonia music was AWESOME though, especially with the bell ringing and stuff. Great atmosphere.

And like usual, getting ahead of myself. Beat up the Dragoon Trio with no real problem. Before that fought Solt and Peppor and they explained how to use Traps. I proceeded to try and use it too only to gain nothing. I thought you just used the right Element Trap before the enemy used that Element spell or whatever and it saved you or something. Apparently not.

Getting back to Dragonia, my predictions about Lynx and Viper were spot-on. Not that I'm some genius....it was just kind of obvious. What i did not predict however was Lynx in Serge's body. Holy hell that's a bitch development! I wonder how long it will take to get that all sorted out.
    Yeah, it's the game's big plot twist though there is one more that finally connects this game more to CT.

Poor Kid... I'm sure she's alright but for right now Serge-Lynx is stuck in some weird other dimension maybe? I'm not really sure. I am really tired and after the short conversation with Sprigg about how much life sucks, I saved it so I can finally get to bed.
    Sprigg is actually a pretty awesome character, she only has one ability which is the power to transform into monsters but if you undergo a certain sidequest you can fight three boss monsters that she can transform into that make her a beast in combat and does a nice shout-out to CT all in the same breath.

So Lucca is definitely a goner. That's one CT party member down. I still have my doubts they were all killed off or confirmed to be killed off. I guess I'll wait and see.
    This is contested among fans and the game gives a bit of evidence to go either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I think you left out Guile in there but you have for the most part my final party. Serge, Glenn, and Guile which is hilarious in hindsight because they are almost a copy of my favorite party in CT of Crono, Frog, and Magus.
    Hey, I knew I was forgetting someone!

But man, I have a ton new party members just in my last few hours of progress.

Sprigg
    Harle
    Radius
    Funguy
    Zappa
    Van
    Norris

It's crazy. Funguy I got by accident. Shame he's probably gonna be stuck like that forever.

Not really, I think I can explain this without really spoiling anything but remember that Balthazar passed away in the original Robo future where Lavos turned everything into a death world. Since Crono and pals changed that future... well I'm sure you'll figure out the rest.
    Well that makes sense. I keep forgetting CT had a linear, singular timeline so whatever changes happened there still happened. The TL'DR stuff earlier about multiple timelines got me confused. I've only really run across two timelines as it were anyway.

Fargo is probably my favorite character not connected to the other major subplots in this game. He's also connected to a sequence that has one of the coolest musical moments in the game.
    Is it a sidequest?

]
    (SPOILER)
    Awesome, thank you for posting that. I'm gonna have to give the CC OST a listen to after I finish the game so I can identify what my favoite songs are actually called.

Yeah this whole scene was weird, I love how you save the Fairies and then they kick you out because apparently being part of the species that caused the problems is a greater crime than actually be genocidal. Its one of the games more anvilicious scenes.
    Well I guess you could think of it this way - sure we saved hem but a lot of their friends and family are probably dead and their home is destroyed. It b ehard to be in a good, thankful mood after something like that.

That's my charitable explanation anyhow.

I will grant you, she is better than I initially thought. I mainly knew her as this bitch who showed up to taunt Kid for dying and who tried to kill Radius. She hadn't done much to endear herself to me.

This is contested among fans and the game gives a bit of evidence to go either way.
    Indeed, I've been most skeptical of that of all the various anti-Chrono Cross sentiments I've heard.

Anyway, progress.

I'm rolling with a party of Lynx, Harle and Radius. Radius feels like he is the most important character to the plot as of right now. Well, apart from SergeLynx obviously. I thought about switching in Norris for Harle but he has the same Element as Radius so can't have that.

Other than collecting a lot of party members...not much has happened I don't think. We're stuck in the Home dimension and this incarnation of Viper and the Dragoons has been missing for years so maybe they're all still alive somewhere. I've kinda been waiting for Karsh to be a playable character since way back at the beginning of the game. Of the Dragoons he feels the most important.

But yeah, not much else to report. I gotta pay Van's rent, fix Funguy, find Karsh (he's Zappa's son right? So that must be Zappa's "quest") and save the world. The odds of Number 1 and 2 being done seem low but 3 is probably within the realm of the central storyline so that's nice.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well that makes sense. I keep forgetting CT had a linear, singular timeline so whatever changes happened there still happened. The TL'DR stuff earlier about multiple timelines got me confused. I've only really run across two timelines as it were anyway.
    Yeah CT was pretty straightforward. Cross doesn't try to over-complicate it but technically the world Sprigg is from as well as the Bend of Time are parallel worlds as well. Then again there is a good reason why you have only seen two worlds so far.

Is it a sidequest?
    Yes, and though it is important to the story its completely optional as it deals with the Mystics/Demi-Fiends.

]
    (SPOILER)
    Awesome, thank you for posting that. I'm gonna have to give the CC OST a listen to after I finish the game so I can identify what my favoite songs are actually called.
    CC Has a damn good soundtrack, I don't necessarily feel it is as well connected to the story as CT or Xenogears but I won't deny the OST is some of Mitsuda's best work.

Well I guess you could think of it this way - sure we saved hem but a lot of their friends and family are probably dead and their home is destroyed. It b ehard to be in a good, thankful mood after something like that.

That's my charitable explanation anyhow.
    The issue that most fans have with the scene is that the fairies kind of act like the Dwarves were victims here as well when it was they who were... well causing mass genocide to take over their island for themselves and yet it feels like the fairies are letting them get a pass but not the humans despite the humans saving the fairies from the dwarves. The scene gets worse if you brought the fairy character you can recruit with you.

I will grant you, she is better than I initially thought. I mainly knew her as this bitch who showed up to taunt Kid for dying and who tried to kill Radius. She hadn't done much to endear herself to me.
    Lol, it's cool I'm just giving you a hard time since you hadn't reached the point where she joins.

Anyway, progress.

I'm rolling with a party of Lynx, Harle and Radius. Radius feels like he is the most important character to the plot as of right now. Well, apart from SergeLynx obviously. I thought about switching in Norris for Harle but he has the same Element as Radius so can't have that.
    Norris is also one of the game's more important characters, at least in Home World he's also a pretty badass character though Radius is no slouch either.

Other than collecting a lot of party members...not much has happened I don't think. We're stuck in the Home dimension and this incarnation of Viper and the Dragoons has been missing for years so maybe they're all still alive somewhere.

I've kinda been waiting for Karsh to be a playable character since way back at the beginning of the game. Of the Dragoons he feels the most important.
    He is the most important and he's connected to the Dario story arc as well.

But yeah, not much else to report. I gotta pay Van's rent, fix Funguy, find Karsh (he's Zappa's son right? So that must be Zappa's "quest") and save the world. The odds of Number 1 and 2 being done seem low but 3 is probably within the realm of the central storyline so that's nice.
    Here's some advice, don't worry about Funguy for now. Zappa is awesome because he'll help you create the best gear in the game. As for saving the world... yeah maybe.

Weird fun fact: You can't name Serge Crono.

Holy bucket of info, Batman! This scene with Fargo and the mermaid in Home:
    1. Fargo was in love with her sister.
    2. her sister had a daughter. A daughter named Marcy.
    3. Luccia was taking care of her daughter. Luccia, the character I saw for....five minutes in Another World and that's about it.

So Marcy has vaguely more plot relevance than I realized and same for Fargo. I'm actually pretty intrigued by the Demi-human subplot and I would be happy to do his sidequest whenever it comes up. These poor people haven't had it easy.... And to think, they were all so happy after we went back and offed Ozzie. Now look where they are, slave labor on a ship for rich assholes.

Anyway, that scene wasn't THAT important I guess...it just had a lot of little things all said at once ya know? I wonder if Another Fargo was a bitter man too and lost his love and that's why he was a pirate there.

So I hate Fargo. When I lost the first time I figured the game was rigged but I kept trying it anyway and of course I kept losing. Sure I had seen the little event with Sneff and I had seen the little event with the guy in the Inn and his cat but no, I did not actually expect being changed into a cat was the answer to fixing all this. And so that was really bizarre.... And then right on the heels of this craziness, Nikki pops up and has a scene with Fargo about how Fargo is his father. Talk about tone whiplash. The scene itself was pretty abrupt in general... Maybe it would have been better had I actually seen Nikki before this but this is actually my first cutscene with him at all.

And gah, boss fights are becoming a challenge again. First Garai and then Miguel

Okay, first things first, Garai wasn't so hard once I figured out he attacks in a pattern. Well, so did Miguel but I'll get to that. As long as you were prepared for his Will....Will-something move I think it was, you weren't in too much danger.

But frickiin' Miguel...there was NOTHING I could do there. His combo of WeakMind and HolysomethingSwd is guaranteed to do over 300 damageE. Norris and Radius have less than 300 HP. Towards the end of the fight I spent more time healing than attacking and I finally had to revoke my No Stars Left Behind Rule because I had already run away from the fight five times and I was seriously crippling the atmosphere. Lynx dead, Norris dead, Radius with less than 100 HP and I pull out a victory. smurf you game.

ugh.....okay, STORY. Who cares about gameplay. This is a video game, it's about the story.

I really liked the music in the Dead Sea world and the Tower of whatever. I was obviously wondering "what the hell is all this?" right up until I found the Enertron thing to heal up my party. HOLY HELL, are we in 2300 AD??? And then Miguel showed up and I think I get what he was laying down. Basically, by saving the future of one timeline, we negated the future of another. True,
    in 999 years the world would have more or less ended anyway but by altering history we undid all the lives that would have been born up to that point. We saved billions, killed trillions. Sounds good.

Goddess of Fate huh? I think the DS ending of Trigger kinda spoiled me on that one maybe.

But anyway, good times, things are happening. The whole bit in the Dead Sea other world was very emotional and apart from the fact he kept annihilating me, I liked the Miguel fight and the fact they kept the somber music for it.

And man I'm tired... We're FINALLY about to go back to "Another World" and be reunited with Kid hopefully. Her being poisoned didn't take her out of the party for half as long as all this crap has. I just want her back... And maybe my third party member from now on should have a lot of HP.... Ugh.

I might have more to say once I'm less sleepy and no longer fatigued from the stress of the Miguel fight... Seriously, gameplay can utterly ruin a game's plot. You just stop caring when it becomes too challenging and you think more about battle strategy than the plot. After all the fights with Miguel he could have told me radioactive cockroaches caused everything and I would have been like "sounds good."

Oh yeah, sucks to be Home Dragoons and Viper. They chose....poorly.

EDIT:

Oh I forgot, I think PuPu joined our party. Maybe I should have brought him to fight Miguel.

EDIT 2:

Looking it up, I think I should probably start using Diminish... I just haven't really bothered with buffs or debuffs this game because I have no idea how long they last. Diminish reduces ALL Elemental damage, including the damage you would be inflicting, correct? That is why I avoided using it.
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 09-06-2014 at 11:43 AM.

Miguel is, bar none, the hardest smurfing fight in this game.

Holy Light Trap saved my ass going in there.

Contributions

I highly recommend having a character who can steal (Fargo/Kid/Mel) in your party from this point on. Dragon bosses have a nice item you can steal, and as a bonus also have more powerful elements you can trap.

As for Miguel, my strategy was pile on the dark elemental spells to keep the field element as black as possible. Also as his light spells tend to shred me, so do Lynx and Harle's dark spells cause high damage to him.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Holy bucket of info, Batman! This scene with Fargo and the mermaid in Home:
    1. Fargo was in love with her sister.
    2. her sister had a daughter. A daughter named Marcy.
    3. Luccia was taking care of her daughter. Luccia, the character I saw for....five minutes in Another World and that's about it.

So Marcy has vaguely more plot relevance than I realized and same for Fargo. I'm actually pretty intrigued by the Demi-human subplot and I would be happy to do his sidequest whenever it comes up. These poor people haven't had it easy.... And to think, they were all so happy after we went back and offed Ozzie. Now look where they are, slave labor on a ship for rich assholes.

Anyway, that scene wasn't THAT important I guess...it just had a lot of little things all said at once ya know? I wonder if Another Fargo was a bitter man too and lost his love and that's why he was a pirate there.

So I hate Fargo. When I lost the first time I figured the game was rigged but I kept trying it anyway and of course I kept losing. Sure I had seen the little event with Sneff and I had seen the little event with the guy in the Inn and his cat but no, I did not actually expect being changed into a cat was the answer to fixing all this. And so that was really bizarre.... And then right on the heels of this craziness, Nikki pops up and has a scene with Fargo about how Fargo is his father. Talk about tone whiplash. The scene itself was pretty abrupt in general... Maybe it would have been better had I actually seen Nikki before this but this is actually my first cutscene with him at all.
    To be fair, the Mystics/demi-fiends you're dealing with are a sub-group of the ones from CT. So it's not like there whole race is getting trout on across the world. El Nido is just a small archipelago between the three continents. Pirate Fargo is actually in better shape than his Home World counterpart though they both have their own issues. You'll need to reunite them in order to help bring the Marbule/Mystic sub-plot to a close. Hint hint...

And gah, boss fights are becoming a challenge again. First Garai and then Miguel

Okay, first things first, Garai wasn't so hard once I figured out he attacks in a pattern. Well, so did Miguel but I'll get to that. As long as you were prepared for his Will....Will-something move I think it was, you weren't in too much danger.

But frickiin' Miguel...there was NOTHING I could do there. His combo of WeakMind and HolysomethingSwd is guaranteed to do over 300 damageE. Norris and Radius have less than 300 HP. Towards the end of the fight I spent more time healing than attacking and I finally had to revoke my No Stars Left Behind Rule because I had already run away from the fight five times and I was seriously crippling the atmosphere. Lynx dead, Norris dead, Radius with less than 100 HP and I pull out a victory. smurf you game.
    Yeah, as NeoCracker mentioned, Miguel is considered CC's That One Boss, who would have thought a simple fisherman would be such a beast in battle. Luckily you won't really run into someone quite as difficult afterwards but he does serve to teach you about using debuffs/Buffs, exploiting elemental weaknesses, and keeping an eye on the Field Element. You'll need to keep this in mind for all the fights going forward.

ugh.....okay, STORY. Who cares about gameplay. This is a video game, it's about the story.
    I think that will be a thread for another day...

I really liked the music in the Dead Sea world and the Tower of whatever. I was obviously wondering "what the hell is all this?" right up until I found the Enertron thing to heal up my party. HOLY HELL, are we in 2300 AD??? And then Miguel showed up and I think I get what he was laying down. Basically, by saving the future of one timeline, we negated the future of another. True,
    in 999 years the world would have more or less ended anyway but by altering history we undid all the lives that would have been born up to that point. We saved billions, killed trillions. Sounds good.
    I feel Miguel and by extension Kato are embellishing this a bit considering the CT gang ended the future where mankind is nearly extinct. I would say they killed billions and saved trillions but then again its all just numbers at this point. Yeah, the Dead Sea is pretty cool since it really sends the message home about the destroyed timelines. I love the scene meeting Miguel and the Ghost Children at Leene's Bell, it just sends chills down my spine.

Goddess of Fate huh? I think the DS ending of Trigger kinda spoiled me on that one maybe.
    Not quite...

But anyway, good times, things are happening. The whole bit in the Dead Sea other world was very emotional and apart from the fact he kept annihilating me, I liked the Miguel fight and the fact they kept the somber music for it.
    It is one of the better boss fights and thew whole area is done really well.

And man I'm tired... We're FINALLY about to go back to "Another World" and be reunited with Kid hopefully. Her being poisoned didn't take her out of the party for half as long as all this crap has. I just want her back... And maybe my third party member from now on should have a lot of HP.... Ugh.
    It may be a while before Kid rejoins, as for a third party member it comes down to play-style but I tend to favor blitzkrieg builds so fast high damaging characters, long battles will get you killed in this game since the element system gets weaker as battle go longer and the bad guys have infinite uses.

I might have more to say once I'm less sleepy and no longer fatigued from the stress of the Miguel fight... Seriously, gameplay can utterly ruin a game's plot. You just stop caring when it becomes too challenging and you think more about battle strategy than the plot. After all the fights with Miguel he could have told me radioactive cockroaches caused everything and I would have been like "sounds good."
    I feel this depends on the player.

Oh yeah, sucks to be Home Dragoons and Viper. They chose....poorly.
    Damn straight.

Oh I forgot, I think PuPu joined our party. Maybe I should have brought him to fight Miguel.
    Sadly, he's isn't that good. There are only a few good White Elements in the game sadly.

Looking it up, I think I should probably start using Diminish... I just haven't really bothered with buffs or debuffs this game because I have no idea how long they last. Diminish reduces ALL Elemental damage, including the damage you would be inflicting, correct? That is why I avoided using it.
    Definitely, you'll find melee trumps most things so use debuffs and keep the Elemental Field in your favor and just wail on bosses.