Thread: Final Fantasy Explorers will let you play as classic FF heroes!

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Red Exclamation Mark Final Fantasy Explorers will let you play as classic FF heroes!

So according to a report from Siliconera, Final Fantasy Explorers has a feature called Trance that lets your character transform for a limited time into a classic FF hero, in this case the article reveals Cloud Strife will be one of character you can transform into and use his Omnislash Limit Break in your battles. More characters will be available though Square-Enix will most likely reveal them in future updates along with more summons and job classes.

For those who don't know Final Fantasy Explorers is a Nintendo 3DS title that feels like a spiritual successor to Crystal Chronicles where a series of warriors battle the famous FF summons over the crystals they protect. Ifrit and Shiva have already been showcased and the Knight, Black Mage, White Mage, Monk, Ranger, and recently Dark Knight and Dragoon have been confirmed job classes the player can use. The game is meant to be a multiplayer title with the job roles working most effectively in well built teams, for instance Dark Knights take extra damage and use Soul Eater which siphons health and Black Mages are forced to stand still when casting magic leaving both classes vulnerable without a Knight or White mage to heal and tank for them.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Spirit successor to Crystal Chronicles? I'll have to add it to the list, then. I have it under a strong authority I'll be getting a 3DS for my birthday. Cloud looks pretty good here. I wonder who else we'll see. I'm hoping for Squall, Terra, and almost anyone from IX would do but it'd probably be Zidane if anyone. I wouldn't be surprise to see either Tidus or Yuna make an appearance with how well X has been doing with the HD port. Lightning will probably be another one, unless that boat has finally sailed.

Sounds gimmicky, but I won't write it off just quite yet

Articles

No western release date yet though, right?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yeah, it's Japan only for the moment but maybe Nintendo will publish it if Squenix won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Yeah, it's Japan only for the moment but maybe Nintendo will publish it if Squenix won't.
    Just like Bravely Default.

Spiritual successor to Crystal Chronicles sounds good, but the gameplay is reminding me a lot of Monster Hunter. I'm hoping there's more to the game than just the combat.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.