View Poll Results: Favourite FFVIII Female?

Voters
43. You may not vote on this poll
  • Rinoa

15 34.88%
  • Quistis

12 27.91%
  • Selphie

10 23.26%
  • Edea

6 13.95%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who Is Your Favourite FFVIII Female?

Rinoa of course muahaha

And she has a magical doggy that is not only fluffy but can explode and come back to life.

I don't like any of them in particular, but I picked Quistis. She was fun at some points. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Taiga View Post
    I don't like any of them in particular, but I picked Quistis. She was fun at some points.

Haha, I agree! When she pretended to be the ghost in Winhill. Lol!

I'd like to add. I'd chosen this person if she were on the list: Ultimecia...Because time powas..

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Really tough, I liked all three playable females. Quistis was boss at the start of the game, but sadly she quickly dropped off when it came to personal plot. Selphie was fun, but something about her always irked me. Perhaps a bit too quirky? Dunno. Rinoa I liked a lot as she had a lot of character. There was the odd occasion when she annoyed me but overall she gets my vote.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Rinoa also had the best design. Everything about Rinoa's look, from her face to her hair to her clothing, was perfect.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

For character design, I loved Rinoa and Quistis, was okay with Edea and found Selphie to be annoying. That whole upturned hair look never appealed to me.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Edea is deffo my favourite FFVIII female character (and she just looks so damn awesome)! I like how her story arc starts with her being an actual hell bent b*tch, but as the story progresses you start to develop a deep respect for her as you learn more about her situation.

I'd have to say that I think Rinoa is probably the blandest female of the bunch (she just never really stuck out to me, other than being annoying and whiny).

Because I couldn't pick Ultimecia, I went with Rinoa. I must say, after all the times I've played this game, I can only respect Rinoa's character more. Each of the women had much to offer and the choices for me are pretty hard.

The more I played the game, the more I began to pay closer attention to the other ladies. Selphie was really fun, but like Irvine said, "out of control at times," and that's true. But somewhere in the midst of the game, her and Quistis' side dilemmas were put on the back burner, and they became pretty much what we expected of them. I'm not complaining, I loved this game, but I chose Rinoa because I was able to see significant character growth in her.

I never really found her bland, annoying, or like a typical damsel in distress. I personally enjoyed the scenes where she'd challenge Squall, make a joke, or speak her mind freely. She made Squall uncomfortable, but in a good and natural way. She's fun loving, carefree, and considerate. I would've liked to see her more in her element, that is, the liberating Timber mentality at times. Overall, she balanced out Squall, and deep down I will always be a romantic, so I especially enjoyed their relationship. I still enjoy their exchanges, both good and bad. But I don't know---there are tons of people who dislike her and they have their reasons. In my mind, she's probably the most relatable aside from Quistis. Any-hoo, that's my two cents.

FFXIV Character

Kai Windflower (Sargatanas)

Rinoa is the best female in Final Fantasy! ^_^