Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Persona 5 News

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

:monster: Persona 5 News

So if you were watching Sony's Pre-TGS event you probably saw the news that this game is now going to be for both PS3 and PS4 which was quite a surprise, we also got a new teaser trailer that has finally revealed a character for the game.

Here's the teaser trailer:

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I sure hope that's the main character. Not enough main characters nowadays wear glasses

Articles
    Blog Entries

Did they say it was only going to be on the PS4 before? Because a lot of PS4/XBO games are coming out on their predecessors. I don't find it all that surprising anymore.

At least this way I can actually get the game.
    Last edited by Ayen; 09-01-2014 at 10:39 AM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

It was the other way around. It was announced on the PS3 only before.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The White Wizard of Fynn View Post
    It was the other way around. It was announced on the PS3 only before.
    Oh. nvm then.

I really want to get excited about this, but the prospect of playing as school kids AGAIN isn't great to be honest. On the bright side, it looks like the city setting is back.

Now what about Dancing All Night news? <3

Quote Originally Posted by Yellow_Magic View Post
    I really want to get excited about this, but the prospect of playing as school kids AGAIN isn't great to be honest. On the bright side, it looks like the city setting is back.

Now what about Dancing All Night news? <3
    To be honest, I kinda thought the guy was in college. Still school sure but more mature ey?

she'll steal your heart Hollycat's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I wonder what the chances are of an optional female protagonist.
    This post brought to you by the power of boobs. Dear lord them boobs. Amen

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    this game is now going to be for both PS3 and PS4 which was quite a surprise
    Not that big a surprise. A straight port from PS3 to PS4 should be relatively simple and makes a lot of sense when you're releasing a new title on PS3 more than a year after the release of it's successor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    To be honest, I kinda thought the guy was in college. Still school sure but more mature ey?
    SO much respect for Atlus if this was the case. Seriously.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Sounds cool to me. If nothing else, well probably get a higher game resolution, antialiasing and better frame rate. Maybe even 4k support.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I will never understand the people asking the game to age up the cast for the sake of "maturity" as we're talking about a series where Social Links have touched on the mistrust in family, a person dying from a terminal illness, helping a child cope with a divorce, an old man regretting his past, a girl coming to terms with her hatred of her father, and an old lady dealing with the guilt over her husbands death. The series has touched on plenty of mature themes and didn't need a 30 year old office worker main character to touch upon it.

I honestly can't think of an advantage an older cast would do for this series. Its not like FF which will actually shy away from dark and mature subject matter on the pretense of keeping the game relatable to its tween demographic and thus purposely keeps the cast young to target their demographic.

Slothstronaut Recognized Member Slothy's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Maybe even 4k support.
    Sure, because nothing benefits a game more than supporting people wasting their money on TV's with resolutions they'll barely see a difference in unless they sit about two feet away from the screen.

I will never understand the people asking the game to age up the cast for the sake of "maturity" as we're talking about a series where Social Links have touched on the mistrust in family, a person dying from a terminal illness, helping a child cope with a divorce, an old man regretting his past, a girl coming to terms with her hatred of her father, and an old lady dealing with the guilt over her husbands death. The series has touched on plenty of mature themes and didn't need a 30 year old office worker main character to touch upon it.

I honestly can't think of an advantage an older cast would do for this series. Its not like FF which will actually shy away from dark and mature subject matter on the pretense of keeping the game relatable to its tween demographic and thus purposely keeps the cast young to target their demographic.
    Couldn't agree more. I wouldn't mind seeing Atlus tackle an older cast, in part because I'm a stones throw from thirty and that's just something I'd be interested in seeing. But to think they need to deal with adults to make mature games is silly when they're making some of the most mature games around with teenage characters.

Persona is one of my biggest gaming regrets because it's a series I've known about for a long time but I've never actually played one. I'm happy to know that it is now going to be on PS4 as well because my PS3 broke a while back and I didn't see a point in buying a new one.
    Will post for food.

It's not that the Persona games aren't mature in context or don't tuckle the darker themes. After all most Atlus games have more or less really dark themes even if the games look bright on the surface.

It's just that playing as 16 years olds all the time does get a bit boring after a while. I am not saying we need to play as 60 yo geezers but having party that's in college would be I think ideal. Not too young, not too old. Not to mention there could be new things and social links that wouldn't fit in high school enviroment.