Thread: September Movie Releases

Articles
    Blog Entries

Default September Movie Releases

Same as the games thread. You better not disappoint, Hollywood!

4th: Before I Go to Sleep

5th: The Identical
    Mary Kom

6th: Horns

7th: Ned Rifle

12th: Dolphin Tale 2
    The Drop
    No Good Deed
    Search Party

19th: The Maze Runner
    This Is Where I Leave You
    Tusk
    A Walk Among The Tombstones

25th: Finding Fanny

26th: The Equalizer
    A Matter of Faith
    Believe Me

27th: My Little Pony: Equestria Girls – Rainbow Rocks
    The Good Lie
    The Imitation Game
    Nightcrawler
    Rosewater
    The Theory of Everything

Yay or nay? Why didn't I do this in August, there was so much to talk about. Ah well.

This Is Where I Leave You, A Walk Among The Tombstones, and The Equalizer are what sticks out to me.

Quote Originally Posted by ToriJ View Post
    Same as the games thread. You better not disappoint, Hollywood!

Before I Go to Sleep
    The Drop
    Search Party
    The Maze Runner
    This Is Where I Leave You
    Tusk
    A Walk Among The Tombstones
    The Equalizer
    Nightcrawler
    I bolded the ones that are a theatre visit for me, money permitting. There is no smurfing way I miss The Drop, Tusk and The Equalizer, especially, but A Walk Among The Tombstones is also in there. I could probably wait for DVD for the rest, though I would go see The Maze Runner and This Is Where I Leave You if I get in a movie mood.

Nightcrawler, Before I Go To Sleep and Search Party will be movies I watch some day if I got nothing else I really want to watch.
    Will post for food.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think it's based off a book, but not knowing much about it The Maze Runner's trailer was pretty cool. Kaya Scodelario!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I think it's based off a book, but not knowing much about it The Maze Runner's trailer was pretty cool. Kaya Scodelario!
    It is. A Walk Among The Tombstones is based off a book also. A lot of movies and TV shows seem to be based off novels these days.

When are the EoFF authors here getting their books adapted?

Sees Nightcrawler....looks up =( not the xmen character *disappointed*

What amuses me is that I haven't heard of ANY of these. Hurray for going off the grid. Netflix and the way I have YouTube set-up means I'm never annoyed by commercials, ads, and promotions. And I quit caring about movie releases when theater prices started going over $10 a ticket..

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    What amuses me is that I haven't heard of ANY of these. Hurray for going off the grid. Netflix and the way I have YouTube set-up means I'm never annoyed by commercials, ads, and promotions. And I quit caring about movie releases when theater prices started going over $10 a ticket..
    Only $5 per ticket here. $7 if it's by Sony. Sony doesn't like to give discounts.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Same, yeah. If I'm spending $10 a ticket for a movie, it's got to be something I am super interested in seeing on a big screen. Otherwise, I'll wait until it's released after theaters. I've been so slack on movies this year. In fact, I don't know if I've even been to a single theater at all.

Horns - Looks a little hokey, but I have faith in Joe Hill's writing and Daniel Radcliffe's acting. Would see.
    Rosewater - Written and directed by Jon Stewart! Definitely.
    The Imitation Game - If I see any of these in theaters, it will be this one. Benedict Cumberbatch as a WWII cryptanalysis? Yes. Tywin Lannister? Yes. Distributed by The Weinstein Company? Yes. Additionally, I don't pay too much attention to IMDB ratings, but this one has an unusually high one of 9.5/10 (though I suspect this may not be totally accurate). Super stoked for this one!
    This Is Where I Leave You - I feel like these kinds of comedies are becoming more and more popular and thus they are stretching things a little bit. Would see, but probably will not be great.

That's about it. Not a super awesome month, I guess.

Sad part is, it's actually $12.50 a ticket here. And like $14 or $15 for a 3D movie. It's ridiculous. If you can go in the mornings or afternoons the prices are a tad better. But either way, the prices are just outright disgusting. If you want popcorn and a drink it easily gets $20-25 and isn't hard to spend $50 on a date >.> Which is why I've never been to the movies with my current girlfriend...

I guess I'm weird because I really don't mind paying 12 bucks to go to the theatre and see a movie on a big screen. Keep in mind though that a) I do very little else when I go out, b) live in a town that didn't have a theatre for years and don't want to go back to that c) I don't have kids/a family to take and d) I'm rich.

Okay, D isn't true.

In all seriousness, I just love the experience of a theatre so long as people aren't loud and annoying during the movie, which they usually aren't.
    Will post for food.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I will not miss 'The Drop', because Tom Hardy. but it's not released here until November.

Nothing else on this list permits a cinema visit for me.

Sad part is, it's actually $12.50 a ticket here. And like $14 or $15 for a 3D movie. It's ridiculous. If you can go in the mornings or afternoons the prices are a tad better. But either way, the prices are just outright disgusting. If you want popcorn and a drink it easily gets $20-25 and isn't hard to spend $50 on a date >.> Which is why I've never been to the movies with my current girlfriend...

Don't they have anything like a tuesday deal?

I think tickets here are about 10 for a regular 13.50 for 3d

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Horns looks interesting. I can't get over Radcliff's american accent. I like it so much more than his british one...

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I listened to a review of The Identical today. It sounds terrible. I had no idea what it was about before, but now I definitely have no interest in seeing it. This article sums up my eye-roll perfectly well.