View Poll Results: Which Tales Games Have You Played?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tales of Phantasia

28 50.91%
  • Tales of Destiny

22 40.00%
  • Tales of Eternia

21 38.18%
  • Tales of Symphonia

30 54.55%
  • Tales of Rebirth

12 21.82%
  • Tales of Legendia

18 32.73%
  • Tales of the Abyss

31 56.36%
  • Tales of Innocence

13 23.64%
  • Tales of Vesperia

26 47.27%
  • Tales of Hearts

14 25.45%
  • Tales of Graces

25 45.45%
  • Tales of Xillia

32 58.18%
  • I haven't played any but I'm interested!

18 32.73%
  • I haven't played any and I don't want to

13 23.64%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Have You Played Any Tales Games?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really want Hearts but I has no Vita

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Phantasia, Symphonia and Vesperia.

When I had to play Tales games they weren't really widely available in the UK sadly.

Now I just don't have the time to knuckle down to those sort of games (for example I've had Bravely Default since it was released and still haven't finished it ><)

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

From what I've read Hearts isn't getting a dub. It's going to be subbed in English for western releases.

Articles

I'm okay with this.

Probably something a lot of companies may need to make a habit of doing. Even those of us fans who prefer dubs, are generally anime fans, and are not completely turned off by Japanese voices. Tales of Innocence has a surprising amount of voice acting for an NDS game, and I am perfectly fine with that. All the text is in english and I can understand the tone of the emotions. That's all that really matters. Go ahead and save some money, Namco. So long as we get the games, I'm happy

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

A subbed game with an english UI is at least easily playable to me, something a completely untranslated game is not. It saves them a lot of money and still lets the core fans in on the fun. Mostbody wins.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I've played and beaten Phantasia (GBA), Legendia, Abyss (PS2), Symphonia (GC), Graces f (haven't finished future arc yet), and Xillia.

I also own Destiny (PSX), Destiny II / Eternia (PSX), and Tales of Symphonia Chronicles but I haven't finished them yet.

I really need to buy Xillia 2...

I used to not pay any attention to this series until I got Tales of Xillia about a month ago. I'm not a fan of the graphics, they look too cheap. However, I'm an anime fan and I at least know what they where trying to go for with the anime-like style, but if it hadn't been for my exposure to anime and games like Persona, I would have dropped this series there and then. As of now I'm enjoying Xillia and looking forward to Xillia II.

I realize certain styles of anime aesthetic are acquired tastes, but most of them are par for the course. Is this meant to illustrate the idea that people are growing out of the whole aspect of JRPGs? This would lead one to believe if games like FFVI and Xenogears were released today, people would roll their eyes and sigh at the art direction and not give it another thought? Even the earliest Dragon Warrior games looked like anime. And damn near every JRPG after that. I don't see how that alone is a deciding factor. At least it's not super-deformed (chibi) anime style anymore like it was in those days

Edit: I guess it really wasn't this thread that got into that topic. Just that post. Sorry. Getting things mixed up. But there was a lot of similar dissenting opinions on JRPGs in this regard in this other thread (I think)

http://home.eyesonff.com/showthread....n-t-like-JPRGs
    Last edited by Vyk; 09-11-2014 at 02:48 AM.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I downloaded Tales of Symphonia Chronicles for the PS3 and I blame this thread.

Just realized we have 12 members that played both games on this poll which were never released outside of Japan..? I'm jealous

Edit: I should say were never translated*

Releases hardly matter, these days. Nothing holds back determined fans

Then again, a lot of games have been translated without localizing or patching. Maybe people are reading walkthroughs while playing. Not a way I could enjoy a game..

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    I realize certain styles of anime aesthetic are acquired tastes, but most of them are par for the course. Is this meant to illustrate the idea that people are growing out of the whole aspect of JRPGs? This would lead one to believe if games like FFVI and Xenogears were released today, people would roll their eyes and sigh at the art direction and not give it another thought? Even the earliest Dragon Warrior games looked like anime. And damn near every JRPG after that. I don't see how that alone is a deciding factor. At least it's not super-deformed (chibi) anime style anymore like it was in those days
    I had a hunch my post might cause a certain reaction, but it is not something I had aimed for. Obviously speaking for myself here, I'll just say I have preferences for some styles over others. I wasn't aware there was a discussion about this subject (and by the sound of it quite seriously), so I'll leave it at that.

Anyways, looking forward to trying out other Tales games once I get through the ones I've got right now.

It was actually because I've been active in another thread where people were bashing JRPGs for having anime'esque art aesthetics. I had a brain fart and honestly thought that conversation was in here so I replied as such. It really wasn't just you I was replying towards. It was a collective opinion that confused me. Yours was just the only one expressed in here. Sorry about that

In other news. We just beat Xillia 2. Not particularly satisfied with the ending choices. Might have to go watch the other endings. Though those are supposedly not really any better. No spoilers though. Just not sure anyone should rush to beat it..

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just got Vesperia

Won't be able to play it for about 2 weeks though

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Just finished Xillia 2. I doubt what I saw was the perfect ending, though. Time to crush the postgame content!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?