Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: The Destiny Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Nicolas View Post
    Destiny seems to be a skeleton with the lacking flesh that typically is necessary. I'm hoping they plan on expanding the game a good bit more and that it hopefully comes together in time.

The nonsensical, scattershot of a story seems to be pieced in a way that forces you to read the grimoire lore in order to understand what's fully happening. I guess that's a good way to do it, but it only seems to be worthwhile if you are dedicated to trying to traverse their strange grimoire system.

PvP needs to expand on the match type choices and actually include more team objective modes. Having just three forms of team deathmatch and a free for all mode is rather sad.

They did release a patch today that effectively killed farming and outlined some changes they wanna make in the coming weeks.

With that being said, I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game despite some of the empty repetitiveness.

On another note: I've been having a hell of a time trying to complete an Exotic Bounty for Thorn. Anyone willing to help with a Level 26 Summoning Pits Strike with the Epic modifier? I can't even begin to say how annoying it is trying to do it and constantly being overwhelmed by the Wizards.
    I did it with my friend, both level 27. It was the longest most infuriating thing in the entire game. We basically stayed in the entry room after some point and just scratched away at them until Xyor showed up. It took like 4 hours honestly. The buffs they plan to give Thorn better be worth it lol.

FFXIV Character

Viadana Solacaire (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post
    Destiny seems to be a skeleton with the lacking flesh that typically is necessary. I'm hoping they plan on expanding the game a good bit more and that it hopefully comes together in time.

The nonsensical, scattershot of a story seems to be pieced in a way that forces you to read the grimoire lore in order to understand what's fully happening. I guess that's a good way to do it, but it only seems to be worthwhile if you are dedicated to trying to traverse their strange grimoire system.

PvP needs to expand on the match type choices and actually include more team objective modes. Having just three forms of team deathmatch and a free for all mode is rather sad.

They did release a patch today that effectively killed farming and outlined some changes they wanna make in the coming weeks.

With that being said, I'm still thoroughly enjoying the game despite some of the empty repetitiveness.

On another note: I've been having a hell of a time trying to complete an Exotic Bounty for Thorn. Anyone willing to help with a Level 26 Summoning Pits Strike with the Epic modifier? I can't even begin to say how annoying it is trying to do it and constantly being overwhelmed by the Wizards.
    I did it with my friend, both level 27. It was the longest most infuriating thing in the entire game. We basically stayed in the entry room after some point and just scratched away at them until Xyor showed up. It took like 4 hours honestly. The buffs they plan to give Thorn better be worth it lol.
    Ouch, that really sucks. I finally got it after deciding to do the strike on my own. It was significantly easier to do by myself and only took me an hour. Thorn is a good handcannon with very slow reload. As you said, hopefully the buffs will help it too. Now it's time to work on getting Bad Juju with the ridiculously small clip.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Bad Juju absolutely sucks as it is at the moment. I just got Red Death in the Normal Mode VoG though, so that should be an upgrade in the pulse rifle slot at least. Still can't find a raid helmet though, which means I still can't get to level 30 ;_;

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Pheesh View Post
    I don't like the idea of scout rifles because of aim assist, if they're going to have that in the game they need to make sure it isn't an option in pvp. I always did enjoy using my scout rifle in pve though.
    I did not know this.

I love my hand cannon and am becoming a bit of a crack shot with it... even in the Crucible. I do notice that the majority of people use rifles though. I'm sticking to my cannon and sniper rifle though. Currently on level 21.

I normally get my arse handed to me in the Crucible regardless but I had a cracking game this morning. Shame I couldn't take top spot but still pretty proud of myself. Especially when I don't really play FPS games.

photo.JPG

Articles
    Blog Entries

Beat the hard mode raid tonight and got the last piece of raid gear I needed from the final boss! So once I'm done leveling it up I'll be level 30 and officially have no reason to continue playing xD

Probably time to start a new class then.

programmed by NASIR Recognized Member black orb's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Banner Design
    • Logo Design

>>> If this game would have been an RPG instead of a retarded FPS.. I would probably played it..
    >> The black orb glitters ominously... but nothing happens..

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So I've made it to level 20 with my Hunter. Story wise, Destiny does lack, Dinklebot sure as hell does annoy me when he answers in the royal we for me (conversation on Venus for example) I think Bungie should and could do with patching the game so that you at least have the option to go back and find out from people what the lore of the world is. Even if it can't fix the story telling in missions, it could at least provide the option of finding more out about the factions, races and universe through conversations with various members of the NPC ensemble in the Tower.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by McLovin' View Post

Ouch, that really sucks. I finally got it after deciding to do the strike on my own. It was significantly easier to do by myself and only took me an hour. Thorn is a good handcannon with very slow reload. As you said, hopefully the buffs will help it too. Now it's time to work on getting Bad Juju with the ridiculously small clip.
    I've just got Thorn too. That level 26 Summoning Strike was ridiculously hard and no way was I gonna be good enough to do on my own. Nicolas is a legend though and (even with me holding him back!) we did in about one-and-a-half to two hours.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Sometimes I like to dance in the middle of people killing things. They stop and point and then I am killed.

Destiny is pretty meh and really glitchy but I like the new things in every mission so I will at least push through to level 20. This game seems like it should have been an fps tho. It would have been cool to combine all the good things in mass effect with the mass multiplayer co op that it is.

Blog Entries

So my hunter is now level 27 and has the option of either an exotic helm (Achlophage Symbiote) or exotic chest (Crest of Alpha Lupi). I have also obtained a legendary hand cannon (devil you know) and an legendary scout rifle (A.1F19X-Ryl) As such, I've decided to start an alternate character. So I've got an Exo Titan on the go. I must confess with all my heart that the Titan class speaks to my urge to go and smurf trout up.

Blog Entries

bit of a bump on this. The new patch has made Destiny all but unplayable. I've been weaseled, monkeyed, bee'd and babooned so much I gave up attempting to level my Exo Titan up to level 20.

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Steve View Post
    bit of a bump on this. The new patch has made Destiny all but unplayable. I've been weaseled, monkeyed, bee'd and babooned so much I gave up attempting to level my Exo Titan up to level 20.
    Yeah. Apparently their current patch messed up something with the connections to the server, though PSN is having issues. They're collecting info on their forums about the disconnects, I believe. So hopefully it'll be fixed soon.
    what kind of nation should we build? a good nation? a nation of plenty? a nation of muffled joy?

Blog Entries

Other issue I've had today is that 2 of the 3 public events I did gave me sod all. I'm not impressed I fought damn hard for those gold ratings.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

LEVEL 28 AND STAYING THERE , BITCHES!

Unless... anyone fancies a raid?

FFXIV Character

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba View Post
    LEVEL 28 AND STAYING THERE , BITCHES!

Unless... anyone fancies a raid?
    I've got a level 28 Warlock that needs more raid gear. So we can totally do that. Anybody else have a PS4 and wants to raid, should be fun.