Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Default American Horror Story: Freak Show

SO GLAD THEY'RE FINALLY DOING THIS THEME

WHO IS PSYCHED? ONLY A MONTH!

http://www.hypable.com/2014/09/04/wa...show-trailers/

Some teaser hype trailers. Everyone is freaking out about 6, but personally 7 is waaay more terrifying to me. I'm really hoping that these trailers are indicative that this season is actually scary (as opposed to last season). Emma Roberts has gone on record saying that the script for this season gave her nightmares, and that it's way more scary than last season.

Oh my god can't waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaait
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I really hope they don't smurf this one up. Season one was pretty strong until the end, but it wasn't a massive blow. The journey through the house and the creation of the series was wonderful to go through, so I forgave that. Season two had wonderful potential but fell short pretty damn quickly. Season three was atrocious. I think I made it halfway through before throwing my hands up. I might try to re-watch it in preparation for the fourth season, but good lord. I didn't find it scary at all.

The trailers look pretty neat! #2 makes me cringe. I found #5 interesting me the most, and #6 was pretty neat. The thing I am most looking forward to, though, is the opening credits theme. As the shows get increasingly worse and worse, the intros get better and better.

I love circus and sideshow-themed art and media, so I hope they can do some good with this smurfing season. This show is great with flash, theme, and setting. It is not good at stories. Please, please don't disappoint!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Cautious optimism mode: ENGAGE.

I don't know how they keep messing this show up. xD

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

They keep trying to jam pack it full of nonsense bulltrout instead of taking a few subtle things and expanding upon them. Too many cooks, etc etc.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I really liked Season One and Two. Three isn't on Netflix yet. Is it any good? People seem negative!

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

It's not terrible television, but it's just a lot of completely squandered potential.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I honestly loved season one all the way through. No issues there at all.

Season two...I got about halfway through. Denmark and I are giving it another go starting next week.

Season three was great! But it wasn't scary at all, so eh.

I WANT THIS SEASON TO BE BALLS TERRIFYING LIKE I DON'T WANT TO BE ABLE TO GO TO SLEEP AT NIGHT
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    I really liked Season One and Two. Three isn't on Netflix yet. Is it any good? People seem negative!
    Season 3 was basically just a teen drama. The only thing good about 3 was Angela Basset's character and the Voodoo God. It only had like one scene in the entire season that seemed scary to me. (SPOILER)The swamp witch's trap in hell. Actually seemed kind of frightening to me. Just the thought of it really. I could feel her pain.

Season 2 though started off good but it ended up throwing too much trout together that I said smurf it and abandoned it. One was the only good one for me.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I don't always cringe in fear when I'm watching a television show, but when I do, it's because of that guy in the Coven intro who smiles when the music pops.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I did like Season 2 but agree it started better than it ended. I thought it went downhill once (SPOILER)crazy nun died and the head nun was hospitalised and it was definitely dragged out longer than it needed to be.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The makeup is really good for the show, but some of the visual effects I've seen have been very bad in particular, their CG fire. I might give a chance this season though.

I'll watch the beginning of S4 just like I watched the beginning of S3. Couldn't get passed 2 episodes of S3 cas it was so freakin witch bad. Terrible premise. S2 was great until the last few episodes which sucked balls. Had some good ideas though. S1 was interesting to watch unfold but also ultimately sucked

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Aaaaah we have an intro!

http://youtu.be/50Czi8Tgr2Q

HOWEVER I am quite disappointed as it looks like they just clipped a bunch of deformity photos from Wikipedia for the intro, and the reason I know that is because that is exactly where I have seen all of those photos before Was not creeped out or disturbed by it in the slightest, so that's a massive disappointment. Oh well, they set the bar pretty high with the Season 3 intro. That's a hard one to top. And maybe now instead of perfecting their intros, they'll perfect their goddamn plot points instead.

I do like that they used a clip from the old Freaks movie, that was pretty neat, as that's what this season makes me think of. Also, we should all be watching that movie in prep for this season!

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    I don't always cringe in fear when I'm watching a television show, but when I do, it's because of that guy in the Coven intro who smiles when the music pops.

The creepiest things to me about the S3 intro are 1) the Jersey Devil stopping to turn and face the camera and 2) the cloaked figures suspended in the air as the music pops. That trout is the stuff of nightmares.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I've read that's not the intro, Shorty!

Anyway, I tried with AHS S1 and I just..... I couldn't do it. So I won't be tuning in to this one.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Oh thank god if it's not! What a relief xD

I did find an extended trailer, though! Mmm that dress

http://youtu.be/Xc1RxghUtHQ