Thread: Ultimecia's Castle... Best Final Dungeon?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Moomba Ultimecia's Castle... Best Final Dungeon?

What are your thoughts about Ultimecia's Castle? Some fans who even hate this game will claim its one of the best dungeons in the series let alone the game, what are your thoughts?

Best Dungeon in the entire franchise. Easily the best final dungeon in the series, and one of the best dungeons ever.

I'm not even much of an FFVIII fan either. The castle just rocks. It would make a perfect home for Dracula actually.
    "Repent your sins through death!" - Ramirez - Skies of Arcadia

Articles

I don't remember too much of it in my last playthrough, What I do remember is that there is an organ where you press all the buttons and you open a door. ePSXe only lets you use 3 buttons at a time so I had to map every button to be allocated to a single key to progress. Memories~

Articles

Music started to become grating after a few minutes but it was an interesting dungeon non-the-less, not one I care too much for, but interesting.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Yep, best final dungeon. The concept is great, the execution works nicely. The music is one of my favorite tracks in the series. Exploring the castle was interesting and fun to do, and the puzzles were good. Overall I find it hard to find any sort of fault with it.

Without a walkthrough, it would be a severe pain. But yes, very well-done design and concept...and excellent example of nonlinear gameplay!