Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL General Thread 2014 Season

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Exciting MNF game with the Eagles at the Colts. So far this season's theme is to have a boring first half followed by an exciting and close second half. I have no strong feelings one way or another for either team, but I once again found myself having fun watching an exciting second half of prime time football.

As far as the actual game portion of the NFL goes, it is shaping up to be a fun season already!

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Here's to another disappointing season for my Giants. I couldn't even watch my team repeatedly shoot themselves in the foot yesterday because I was too busy being forced to instead watch the Dolphins get embarrassed by the Bills (my stepfather and stepbrother are huge Dolphins fans).

Consider yourself lucky then. Eli actually played well but he got let down by his skill players. Also, can we finally admit we need a new special teams coach? I feel like every year we get our heart ripped out by a punt return.

Take care all.

Packers win with another Aaron Rodgers passfest. I'm beginning to think that the defense will never improve. That being said, Jordy Nelson was a beast Sunday.
    I need to get a real signature. Please let me know if you're into this sort of this and willing to help for the price of say, on the house.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Nate View Post
    Packers win with another Aaron Rodgers passfest. I'm beginning to think that the defense will never improve. That being said, Jordy Nelson was a beast Sunday.
    Eddie Lacy however has not been. Maybe as a Bears fan my plan worked! too bad I didn't get Rodgers then

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

With any luck at the end of the season Mike McCarthy will be fired and with him goes Dom Capers and the terrible conditioning staff the Packers have. Right now the Defense is terrible and the O-Line is terrible. You can't expect Lacy to tear it up if the line can't open any holes to run through.

That said, they got lucky on that blown timeout call. The game would have been tied and I don't have enough faith in the team to stop a terrible QB like Geno Smith forever. It could have ended in tied game...second one in two years it would have been. Whatever. The season is still young and the Packers can still win this pitiful division. The Vikings are now clearly going to be in last place so we have that going for us =D

the NFC North, more like the NFC No Dear God Why

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

The Raiders look like a practice squad out there.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    You can't expect Lacy to tear it up if the line can't open any holes to run through.
    Isn't it pretty much the same line he ran behind last year though? Your rookie center didn't look too bad against Seattle.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    The Raiders look like a practice squad out there.
    I've never seen so many GWAR fans look upset in once place.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

On a positive note, my Bengals are looking fantastic. They're not the best in any one position (AJ Green aside), but man they're just good across the board. Marvin Lewis has finally turned them into a defensive-minded team, and it's working. They could be the team to beat this year. (I've been waiting 20 years to say that again)

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by edczxcvbnm View Post
    You can't expect Lacy to tear it up if the line can't open any holes to run through.
    Isn't it pretty much the same line he ran behind last year though? Your rookie center didn't look too bad against Seattle.
    Derreck Sherrod is currently starting in place of Bulaga and the Rookie Center is being made to look far better than he is with two good guards in TJ Lang and Josh Sitton. TJ Lang is being force to try and make up for being sandwiched inbetween two inexperienced linemen and I think it currently shows. Unfortunatly both Sherrod and Linsley where unforunatly thrust into the spot light after both Tretter went down in preseason week 3 and Bulaga week 1. I am not saying it can't come together as the Pack should get back Bulaga this week or next week and Tretter no long afterwards. Against two good defenses in the Jets and Seahawks, that in experience was greatly taken advantage of.

If Bulaga was in there then it would have been much better as the focus could be on the Rookie in the middle but Sherrod let so many people through in Week 1 and got better in Week 2. While basically the same, I think the dual injuries forced too much inexperience too soon, too fast :/

Articles
    Blog Entries

I would love to talk to Bear fans right now that insisted that it was a bad idea to let go of Lovie Smith and/or take McCown over Cutler.

Please, enlighten me. As I type this the score is 0-35 with the Falcons in the lead.

EDIT:

0-42 when I opened up this thread. Bucs botch snap. Falcons score again. 0-49.

This is the funniest and saddest game I've ever seen.

EDIT2: This is the funniest subreddit on the planet right now: http://www.reddit.com/r/buccaneers

EDIT3: The ref just misspoke a penalty. "Unnecessary Refness." I can't breathe.

EDIT4: Back up Falcons QB is in. Falcons still get a touchdown. 0-56. It's not even the 4th quarter. This whole team is getting fired.
    Last edited by Sephex; 09-19-2014 at 03:58 AM.

Resident Fire Emblem Fan Elite Lord Sigma's Avatar

Can the game automatically end when Atlanta breaks the Bears' record 73-0 margin of victory over the Redskins?

Articles
    Blog Entries

Well, the Bucs got a touchdown and just got a pick 6 just now.

14-56.

The first touchdown was a blatant pushoff and the second one was against a backup QB.

What a mess, still.