Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: NFL General Thread 2014 Season

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Default NFL General Thread 2014 Season

We had a thread like this a couple of years ago or so, and I think it would be a good idea to have another one this season. Talk about how you feel about your current team, players you like/dislike, games you thought were fun to watch, stuff you are looking forward to, etc. I'll get the ball rolling.

Bears vs Bills: As a Bear fan it sucks that we lost our first game, especially when they made boneheaded play calling on offense and Chris Conte still thinks the the NFL plays by touch football rules. It was a tough loss, but not the whole doom and gloom situation Chicago fans think to seem it is (all Chicago fans expect there to be a doom and gloom season if we don't win any game by at least 100 points). Every year fans seem to forget that if the Bears do get hot, they start to come together a few weeks in the season. The past couple of years the Bears have had very lucky wins (and wins that should not have even happened) early on, so fans are used to a comfortable 3-0 or 2-1 start or something. I'm not saying they'll make the playoffs nor am I denying the MASSIVE problems with defense and the ever so struggling offensive line (though it looked better than other early season games).

Monday Night Football: I was looking forward to Giants vs Lions more so than the Chargers vs Cardinals. While it was amusing seeing the Lions make some great plays with Megatron, it was obvious that the Lions had that one in the bag early on. There are times I have no idea how Eli Manning has two Superbowl rings.

The Chargers and Cardinals looked like it would be a boring game in the first half, and that they would get in a boring occasional field goal war like they did during the pre season. However, the second half had some key plays and dramatics turns in it. Rivers blew it by missing a snap was huge in terms of their eventual loss, but Arizona's defense did an outstanding job that game for the most part. Carson Palmer looked pretty good and made some smart plays instead of trying to look like a stud with every pass, which is a pitfall many QBs fall into. Anyway, I found myself enjoying the game immensely despite the fact that I was sure it was going to be a snoozer. Glad I stuck around and watch the second half.

Other stuff:

I won't deny that I laughed my ass off when I first saw this, but I have to wonder what some players are thinking sometimes.

Now THAT'S dedication.

(big gif) http://www.gfycat.com/LimitedMaleBunting

Eli Manning MAD!!!

haha I loved the spartan kick!

Having roommates who are heavy into football, I have gained some interest in this years college season. I lost it when the Gamecocks almost lost to the Pirates. Didn't think I would get that sucked into sports again. So I'm going to try to watch more of the NFL season.

Only bad thing is...I'm a Carolina Panthers fan... ;_;. Hopefully we will have a good year. We'll see.

I'm also interested in Fantasy Football but I know NOTHING about it.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Go Raiders!

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Blog Entries

Hopefully I'll be able to catch a Titans game or 2 this season whilst living in NY.

I looked at their roster though and only recognized 2 names- Jake Locker & Michael Oher.

When the hell did Michael Oher go to TN?

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Thumbs Down

The Bears game was horrendous. They should've scored 40 against the Bills. Instead, Cutler played like a twerp & Conte should be gone. I can't imagine Sunday night's game to be anything but terrible.

I knew it would be a long game as A Giants fan when we got 1st and goal at the one and threw two straight fade passes. Did not get any better from there. Though Jennings looked solid.

Take care all

Blog Entries

Oh yeah. I dig the Giants. Eli is cool. 'Cuz Vols.

He does still play for them, right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    The Bears game was horrendous. They should've scored 40 against the Bills. Instead, Cutler played like a twerp & Conte should be gone. I can't imagine Sunday night's game to be anything but terrible.
    Pretty much we should have had at least 34 points. That first pick wasn't really a horrible throw or anything. Forte was good as always. I'm not in the get rid of Conte group only because he's not terrible and there really aren't any other options out there. Yes he got stiff armed by Jackson but, he also had a nice interception and for the most part was good on his tackles.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Pretty much we should have had at least 34 points. That first pick wasn't really a horrible throw or anything. Forte was good as always. I'm not in the get rid of Conte group only because he's not terrible and there really aren't any other options out there. Yes he got stiff armed by Jackson but, he also had a nice interception and for the most part was good on his tackles.
    There were two 3rd & 1 situations in that game that they opted to pass and screw it all up. Forte was running great all game and they don't want to use him then. WHY?! Conte made a great play, yeah, but he still can't tackle. He literally reminds me of a 1st year High School player that's a little jumpy and is hesitant to tackle because he is afraid he might hurt himself or something. I have no clue how that guy made it in the NFL.

At least we don't have Webb anymore. I might be remembering things wrong, but I think all he did was sit down and eat ice cream when he was on the field.

Also, whenever we have a tough loss I remember we used to have players such as Rashad Salam and feel better about the current team. I actually once completely ruined my friend's day by mentioning Rashad Salam. I'm serious. I said his name and nothing else and he was in a bad mood for awhile. This happened this year.

the patriots lost and that is awesome

the one thing i dislike about living in albany again is that the "local" teams are the giants/jets/bills so i get to see a bunch of troutty games (though i may recant if the bills continue to do OK. still, the giants and jets)

i won in both my fantasy leagues and that's pretty cool too (especially felt good in the one where i got the league's worst draft grade and had the highest-scoring week 1 team)

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post

Peyton did. He's the older one w/ the large forehead. Eli went to Ole Miss.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by noxious.sunshine View Post

Peyton did. He's the older one w/ the large forehead. Eli went to Ole Miss.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

What a terrible week 1 for the Packers. So many problems on the line (granted two injuries) and the defense does not look any better. I really hated the play calling on offense as it didn't take the Seahawks long to figure out that the ball isn't going to come anywhere near Richard Sherman. Aaron Rodgers can't cover up for all of those problems on his own.

Good to have the NFL back!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Conte made a great play, yeah, but he still can't tackle. He literally reminds me of a 1st year High School player that's a little jumpy and is hesitant to tackle because he is afraid he might hurt himself or something. I have no clue how that guy made it in the NFL.
    He is only a few months removed from shoulder surgery and that was a big issue for him tackling last year. He at least was coming up and making hits with his shoulder against the bills.

I too am glad Webb and all of that nonsense are gone. It was fun watching Tice coaching the Falcons line and being happy that wasn't the Bears line lol.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Conte made a great play, yeah, but he still can't tackle. He literally reminds me of a 1st year High School player that's a little jumpy and is hesitant to tackle because he is afraid he might hurt himself or something. I have no clue how that guy made it in the NFL.
    He is only a few months removed from shoulder surgery and that was a big issue for him tackling last year. He at least was coming up and making hits with his shoulder against the bills.

I too am glad Webb and all of that nonsense are gone. It was fun watching Tice coaching the Falcons line and being happy that wasn't the Bears line lol.
    I was at a Bears game the last season Webb was there and made my whole section laugh after he blew a tackle by mock cheering, "YEAH!!! WOO!!! J-WEBB NATION!!! YEAH!!! WAY TO GO!!! YEAHHHHHH--GET HIM OF THE ****ING FIELD!!!!