Thread: Trivia - Final Fantasy III

GONNA ROKKEN YOUR WORLD WildRaubtier's Avatar

Default Trivia - Final Fantasy III

Hey fellas! I want to expand the trivia themes on the chat network's trivia bot for the final fantasy games but i'm terriblelazy with this sort of thing and crowdsourcing is pretty popular these days on the internet?

Anyway, in this thread please contribute some trivia questions themed around Final Fantasy III. Some general guidelines to follow:

-Factiods should be trivial, but not mundane (eg, "What item is in the only chest in [dungeon]?" is ok, "What item can you steal from [monster]?" iterated 50,000 times is not.)

-Factoids should be at least slightly obscure (ie, no character family names, but names of family members is ok)

-Factoids should avoid involving numbers, or be phrased in a way that a number is not the answer (eg, "Which game was released in 1997?" is ok, "This game was released in what year?" is not)

-(Probably some more guidelines I've forgotten/will work out as we go)

Don't worry too much if you have an interesting tidbit you think is good but you can't follow those rules - share it anyway! I'll work something out.

I'll make a thread for the rest of the FF games eventually, so feel free to prepare for those, too, if you want!

FUN FACT: There are currently NO FF3 questions.

Other trivia threads
    Final Fantasy
    Final Fantasy II
    Final Fantasy IV
    Last edited by WildRaubtier; 09-14-2014 at 05:58 AM.

FFXIV Character

Laurelin Kementari (Sargatanas)

Ehm, not sure I'm doing this right, but here's some interesting tidbits people might not know.

- In FF III, Phoenix Downs are only found in treasure chests and cannot be bought in any store. This has led some people to think that there is only a limited number of Phoenix Downs in the entire game, however, that's not true. If you have a thief at a high enough job level, you can steal Phoenix Downs from certain bird enemies on the road to the summit of the mountain where Bahamut has his nest!

- To go further with thievery, aside from the Phoenix Downs, enemies have preciously little of any value to steal in this game. There is, however, one major exception. You can steal the second-best lance in the game, the Gugnir, from Odin, provided you have a Thief with a high enough job level (lvl 70 in the DS version)!

Not quite...... but I can use those tidbits as a demonstration of what's needed:

What otherwise limited item can be stolen from certain bird enemies on the Road to the Summit? (SPOILER)Phoenix Down

Which weapon can be stolen from Odin? (SPOILER)Gugnir

Questions should be to the point, and answers should be as short as possible.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Which town does Cid hail from? (SPOILER)Canaan

What is the name of the ship the vikings give you? (SPOILER)The Enterprise

What spell do you need in order to enter the town of Tozus? (SPOILER)Mini

Who sealed Leviathan and Bahamut on the Floating Continent? (SPOILER)Noah

Which boss monster does Gigameth turn into? (SPOILER)Garuda

King Gorn is the monarch of which kingdom? (SPOILER)Saronia

added! keep them coming!