Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Your Earliest Theater Experience(s)

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The first film I saw in a theater (that I can recall) was Bambi I think when and then the second film was The Lion King. I hated Bambi because it was such a downer. The Lion King was also kind of a downer, but I loved it. The first time I asked to see a movie was Mortal Kombat and that was fun because my whole family went -- even my mom who had no interest in video games or movies about video games. She was like, "that was a good soundtrack." I also recall the first movie I saw in school that wasn't educational and it was The Goonies, then shortly after that E.T.

Quote Originally Posted by chionos View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    With the exception of Bubba and chionos, the rest of you are making me feel old...

The Land Before Time was probably the first movie I really remember seeing as a kid.
    *Official Member of EoFF's Geezer Club"
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephex View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DMKA View Post
    My first movie was "Who Framed Roger Rabbit"
    Awesome, mine too.
    OLD PEOPLE HIGH FIVE!!

*slap*

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    My Little Pony: The Movie is a 1986 animated feature film based on the Hasbro toy line, My Little Pony. It was released on June 20, 1986
    My cousin took me and my sister

Eat that FiM, fans. Also all you little whipper-snappers who think you're old :P

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The earliest theater memory that comes to mind is going to see Casper. I don't remember being in the theater, I just remember being really excited about it afterwards. I don't think it was my first time but I can't remember anything earlier.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

EDIT: Comment is directed at Vyk, didn't feel like quoting.

Well, we are the same age (looked at your profile and saw you are also 32), so you can high five me, as well. I just didn't go to a theater at a super early age because to this day my parent's aren't super big into going to a movie theater.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    The first film I saw in a theater (that I can recall) was Bambi I think when and then the second film was The Lion King. I hated Bambi because it was such a downer. The Lion King was also kind of a downer, but I loved it. The first time I asked to see a movie was Mortal Kombat and that was fun because my whole family went -- even my mom who had no interest in video games or movies about video games. She was like, "that was a good soundtrack." I also recall the first movie I saw in school that wasn't educational and it was The Goonies, then shortly after that E.T.
    heck yes it was a good soundtrack LONG LIVE KMFDM

Well, we are the same age (looked at your profile and saw you are also 32), so you can high five me, as well. I just didn't go to a theater at a super early age because to this day my parent's aren't super big into going to a movie theater.
    I'm honestly surprised I can even remember bits and pieces. I was extremely young at the time. And though I know I also saw The Little Mermaid and The Land Before Time in theaters, I don't really recall those events. I have more early memories of them at home

But yeah, my parents were never really all that big on theaters either. Not entirely sure how or why I kept getting to go. Brothers and cousins I suppose. My mom took me to see Jurassic Park when it came out, which was super surprising. We were always kinda poor too. Which makes my experiences more surprising in retrospect. But yeah, high five for old people, definitely. I used to be super self-conscious about being so old here. But I've stopped caring, and noticed there's actually quite a few of us 30'somethings. Or those close enough to relate

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post

I'm honestly surprised I can even remember bits and pieces. I was extremely young at the time. And though I know I also saw The Little Mermaid and The Land Before Time in theaters, I don't really recall those events. I have more early memories of them at home

But yeah, my parents were never really all that big on theaters either. Not entirely sure how or why I kept getting to go. Brothers and cousins I suppose. My mom took me to see Jurassic Park when it came out, which was super surprising. We were always kinda poor too. Which makes my experiences more surprising in retrospect. But yeah, high five for old people, definitely. I used to be super self-conscious about being so old here. But I've stopped caring, and noticed there's actually quite a few of us 30'somethings. Or those close enough to relate
    I hear that. Some of my fondest memories was watching movies through VHS with my mom and dad when they were new to that format. Robocop, Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, and The Little Mermaid come to mind.

Also saw Jurassic Park in the theater, but I was with a cousin's family. I also went last year for the 20th anniversary release. I was in a theater packed with kids and it was AWESOME hearing them being absolutely terrified like people around our age back then.

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

33, kids. 33. I can claim old age. It's all I have!

Yes, KMFDM FTMFW.

I was taken to see Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home in the theater as a kid. Was totally awesome, I remember liking the music.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

My grandma took me to see a theater re-release of Snow White in the mid-80s. After that I remember seeing Honey I shrunk the Kids in the theater. There might be movies in-between there but I don't remember them.

i remember that this movie exists and i'm pretty sure i saw it but i remember zero things about it

i guess i was 3

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock-a-Doodle

The Old Skool Warrior LocoColt04's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Crysanthe Mariveaux (Ultros)

I had a loooot of Disney experiences via VHS. I know we went to the theater sometimes as kids, but I honestly can't remember anything on the silver screen prior to Toy Story. I'm positive that wasn't the first, but it's definitely the first I remember clearly.