Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Possibility of a Xenosaga HD Collection?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Question Possibility of a Xenosaga HD Collection?

So Tekken's producer Katsuhiro Harada recently tweeted to the Xenosaga community about how some people at Bandai-Namco would love to give the old Xenosaga franchise an HD treatment but said that it would require more than a few passionate fans but really a very strong interest with "tens of thousands of fans" to be willing to pick it up.

Though the likliehood of this happening might be slim, it is interesting to see a company actually state some interest in less vague terms than usual. So who would love to see an HD treatment for PS2 cult hit Xenosaga?

Recognized Member Scotty_ffgamer's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Scotty Ffgamer (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It is one of my favorite series, so I would definitely buy it. I play the first game something like every other year so it would be good to not have to hook up the old ps2 again.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

Again, it would be great to see this in EU. We got Ep II and that's it. Whoo the whole saga!

I'd buy it. I've played the series three times, and I adore it, but it could use some touch-ups.

Articles
    Blog Entries

This would be the optimal entry point for me to check out this series, so sure.

I JUST came here to make this thread dammit!

Here's the tweet in question.
    https://twitter.com/Harada_TEKKEN/st...56523549003776

Now message dammit! I need this in my life!

I'd probably pick it up. This series is on a list I have with my girlfriend, about all the games she regrets having to give up / sell because she was young and broke and needed new games, or her parents lost them between moving, or being evil and throwing them out and stuff. Also includes most of the Tales games, Dynasty Warriors, Suikoden V, and Shadow Hearts

She was super happy to find out I had the first game, but unfortunately it didn't have enough pizazz to keep my interest in buying a sequel, especially an inferior sequel that I heard everyone hated. And I didn't want to skip a game in a series to get to the superior third installment, so I just skipped the rest entirely. I'd probably feel obligated to get this if it happens. I'm curious to see what happens later in the series

First day purchase if it happens.

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

I would absolutely buy this. Pre-order even.

Measures such as kickstarters are as of last resort, and at any rate we will not have a chance of winning as it stands now. It will not gather people by crowdfunding without creating some kind of big movement to support it.
    This would be funded on a kickstarter like wildfire. Special items for people who donate to higher tiers? I would be all in.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Lots of deluded fans in the comment section of that article at least
    Personally, I only played xs1 and I hated it. Maybe the second and third games are all right though. I would probably buy a hd trilogy when the price dropped low enough.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I already own all 3 games and would only pick this up if

1) The graphics also did some lip syncing for the English voices
    2) Japanese Audio option
    3) They redid episode 2 because that whole game was trout. I wouldn't care if they lazily just slapped episode 1/3 graphics, battle system, music onto it because it would still be a billion times better.

I'd rather they just de-censored Episode 3 so a few cutscenes had all their appropriate emotional weight. Editing out the blood was a dumb move.

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    I'd rather they just de-censored Episode 3 so a few cutscenes had all their appropriate emotional weight. Editing out the blood was a dumb move.
    Extremely dumb, this would be one of the absolutely mandatory changes.

Wasn't there a rapey hand-in-chest scene in the first game that got censored as well? I don't know the specifics, as I'm not sure I actually got to that point in the game. But I remember it being a controversy in the first game

...The English version definitely had the rapey hand in chest scene.

What got censored in Episode one was... a Bizarre censorship choice taht I hope they leave in.

Original Version: Albedo uses a knife to cut off his own head.

Censored Version: Albedo uses his bare hands to rip off his own head.