Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Square wut r u doing, Square stop (Final Fantasy World Wide Words)

It's really weird to probably actively watch the fall of an empire. Much bigger scale, but as a THQ fan, this kinda feels familiar, they tried branching out into ... really weird areas. Unfortunately they weren't a giant in any country. America may not like Square as much as they used to, but I can imagine Japan still supports them. Japan loves mobile games apparently. So if all you want is Japanese gamers, that's probably a good move for them. At least they won't die or fade to complete obscurity like THQ

Typing of the Dead was frelling awesome. I can see this taking a similar role. I would prefer it as a browser game than a mobile, but I'd still like to see how this turns out.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

I was going to make this an article but bleh it doesn't have a west release or anything so here, have the trailer.

That keyboard layout makes me think they'll have trouble doing an American/English keyboard. But who knows. It looks like it'd work best using T9. Which I HOPE they do. Maybe it'll lead to a Final Fantasy inspired T9 keyboard on its own. I much much prefer T9 over 26 tiny-ass keys. And there's only like one good one on Google's store. Some competition would be nice. Either way, if this does end up doing that I'll be a lot more interested

Quote Originally Posted by Vyk View Post
    That keyboard layout makes me think they'll have trouble doing an American/English keyboard. But who knows. It looks like it'd work best using T9. Which I HOPE they do. Maybe it'll lead to a Final Fantasy inspired T9 keyboard on its own. I much much prefer T9 over 26 tiny-ass keys. And there's only like one good one on Google's store. Some competition would be nice. Either way, if this does end up doing that I'll be a lot more interested
    It definitely looks like easy adoption to T9.

Though, personally, I'd love it as a browser game that just uses my keyboard.

Theatrhythm (though borked when it comes to proper difficulty curve) is a really nice game. This thing is looking interesting. Dissidia was pretty good. The Tactics spin offs have been really strong.

So why have the mainstream Final Fantasy titles been so wrong?
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Meh, it'll probably do what All The Bravest did:

-A bunch of people will see it on the App/Play Store.
    -They'll go "OOOOOH LOOK FINAL FANTASY" and download it
    -They'll start playing and realize what it is
    -They'll get their refund and bash it into oblivion
    -SE will never talk about it again.

This is why the new grace period for refunds on these app purchases cellphone providers have enacted are a good thing. Now when people download games like this and realize what bulltrout they are, developers won't make any money and will get the message.

Personally, I'm not as mad about this as the rest of you seem to be. Every major publisher puts out utter crap like this on mobile phones now. They make money, sure, but not enough to influence major actions in the company. It would take King game numbers to cause that, and that's not going to happen here.
    I like Kung-Fu.

I can never really get myself into an android/app store game, I have a PC, ps3, vita and a 3ds so every app game sucks in comparison to me :/ If this were a PC game, I might consider it but.....naaah