Thread: Give This Game Alternate Endings!

Default Give This Game Alternate Endings!

So my playing of Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross of late has inspired this.

FF games could really do with an alternate ending, serious or funny. It is your job in this thread to come up with ideas for such.

My idea for a serious ending:
    Seifer joins the party and leads the attack on Ultimecia's Castle and helps in taking her down to redeem himself for his actions throughout the game.

You get this ending by basically being an asshole to Rinoa all game. Choose all the wrong dialogue options.
    Last edited by Forsaken Lover; 09-13-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Something I'd find... interesting to say the least would be if the characters that went to the Rocket Base actually died in the explosion. Whoever you send there along with Selphie dies. When Seifer hears about it he redeems himself and joins your party, maybe along with Fujin and Raijin. Now obviously the story would change massively if Rinoa were among the victims, so maybe that would have to be impossible. Could also be a neat bit of foreshadowing for Squall and Rinoa's eventual relationship if it was impossible to swap her out. Through the power of time compression, maybe the victims could fight alongside you one last time in Ultimecia's Castle, and then you say ultimate farewells to them after the final battle.

Maybe it would make the game too grim, but it'd certainly have made it memorable. I like the theme of dealing with loss, particularly unexpected loss.

Laguna does his whole 'We're going to allow Ulti to do her time compression, and then hold on with the power of our friendship!'

And then Compression happens, and the all realize how smurfing stupid this plan was before they lose.

Ultimecia's final form challenges you to a game of Triple Triad for the fate of the universe.