Thread: SSB 3DS special demo out

Prinny God Recognized Member Endless's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default SSB 3DS special demo out

So, a SSB special demo is out now in NA and EU, for platinum Nintendo club members who are subscribed to the newsletter. It appears said lucky people also got extra codes, and one spending some time looking out may well find a code.

Which I did.

IMG_0796.JPG

It seems online play is disabled, and that 5 characters are available : Mario, Link, Pikachu, Villager and Megaman, with only Battlefield as a selectable stage.

Most other functionalities are disabled, including match config (no stock play, boo). You get coins, but no idea what these are for (I heard they transfer to the game, neat).

And then there is Death

Yep, everyone who got the demo received four codes total. One for themselves, three for friends. These demos, unlike the demo everyone will be getting in a week, have unlimited uses.

Each playable character only has half of their alternate costumes unlocked (no Fierce Deity Link yet).

So far, I'm really enjoying it. The veterans have been completely rebuilt, and there are noticeable differences to each of them (Link is awesome).

Villager takes some getting used to. He has odd timing and hitboxes.

There is only one stage to play on: Battlefield. Though you can change it to it's Omega form (Final Destination form) by pressing "X" while selecting it.

The game saves your last used alternate costume for each character, which I think is brilliant. So no more "shuffle costumes every game". You pick a favorite, it keeps it for you. Unfortunately, Random appears to also give you a random alternate costume. Hopefully, you can change that in the game.

The Tips section is also there, and has a ton of the loading screen tips for the game. Though, unfortunately, no way to browse them all, you're essentially just flipping through them randomly.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.