Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Default Recommend us Xbox 360 couch co-op games

Mister Adequate and myself are looking for more besides Diablo 3 and Earth Defense Force so we have something to play next

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Monaco is free on Games with Gold one day left GO GO GO GO!

Castle Crashers and Alien Hominid because the Behemoth rules.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

We did pick up Monaco, we've each played it before but not multiplayer! We'll have to look into the others

My girlfriend and I are amassing a rather large selection of co-op games. So let me see what I can drum up. Honestly not a lot of the things we get are for 360, though a lot of them are available for it

Resident Evil 5 & 6 (which mostly isn't quite as bad as people say, especially with co-op. Unless you absolutely hate RE5, 'cause its RE5 on a bit of steroids)

Tales of Vesperia is a co-op game, though it would be insanely long, and if either of you have issues watching more than playing, then its probably not worth the investment, but we quite enjoy it

Hunted: Demon Forge is really good, its almost completely a fantasy version of RE5, made by inXile if that means anything

Sacred 2 is large and long and kinda goofy if you can enjoy a laughably bad Diablo clone. Sacred Citidel is a side scrolling beat 'em up, though fairly unrelated (similarly Sacred 3 is available, but most would caution against paying full price, but probably worth a rental for some old school Gauntlet style fun in a newer generation)

Castle Crashers has been mentioned, but if we're going arcade, similar to Sacred Citidel, Guardian Heroes is also available on there

More big budget games would include Gears of War franchise and Dead Space 3 (though depending on your set-up, I'm not sure if this has local.. Haven't honestly tried it yet)

Fable 2 and (more so) Fable 3 have couch co-op options that range from passable to pretty good, though I don't think it ever gets really great, but it can definitely be pretty good

Though you are a Steam junkie, and 360 controllers work on PC. Would it also help to hear PC couch co-op suggestions? There's surprisingly quite a few we've also gathered over the years

Also, I'm super tired. I'll probably come remember some stuff and suggest more later anyway. So this is probably not a complete list of my 360 co-op collection/ideas

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

When we were in Edinburgh with the Townses and Philara we had a blast playing the new Rayman games. :3

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Thanks for the suggestions all, especially Vyk. No Steam games please; although I am indeed a Steam junkie, the computer and the TV/Couch are in different rooms and I'd like to avoid buying a million miles of cable.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Far Cry 3 - the co-op missions are awesome fun. Danielle and I played them all and the ended up replaying them for weeks, it was just good ol' splitscreen fun. You'll get two other people thrown in with you but that keeps things interesting. I don't know about 360, but on PSN there wasn't any voice chat function which worked for us because we don't like annoying people talking to us while we game. But yeah, great fun.

Beyond that... Rayman, as mentioned by Shauna, was epic fun. I know there is a new Gauntlet game out and I'm unsure if it's on XBL, but if it is, I hear it's pretty good.

L4D, L4D2, Halo 3, Halo: Reach were all fun enough to play. Can't remember anything else off the top of my head.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Beyond that... Rayman, as mentioned by Shauna, was epic fun. I know there is a new Gauntlet game out and I'm unsure if it's on XBL, but if it is, I hear it's pretty good.
    Rayman was torture. "JUMP UP HERE PHIL! NO YOU DAFT BUGGER COME BACK THERE IS A SECRET AREA HERE! OH NOW YOU'VE MOVED TO THE AREA AND WE'LL NEED TO DO IT AGAIN" followed by Rayman Legends Football: Drinking Game edition "Kick the ball, the other way you stupid bugger, NO NOT OUR GOAL! smurf SAKE BOB YOU WERE GOALIE"

I didn't see borderlands mentioned, it should be on your list.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Castle Crashers is where it's at yo!

Coop Minecraft! Just don't accidentally delete the world because the other person will never let you live that down years after the fact

Not sure how I forgot Borderlands. They're both a blast split screen.

But holy crap how did I forget my absolute favorite coop game:

Lord of the Rings War in the North. Made by the team that did the Champions of Norrath games as well as one of the Baldurs Gate Dark Alliance games I believe. It was their final game before getting absorbed. Be sure to get online and get it patched as it can be a tad buggy but fortunately runs best on 360. It's an all new story where you help keep peace in the north while the main war picks up in the south. It's a damn good plot with really good voice acting. You have a human dwarf and elf (female mage). And the fighting is sooo much fun. You feel like such a badass. Cannot recommend high enough. And it's usually super cheap. I bought it on all platforms. It might even be on Live for cheap on demand.

Really long post from my phone at work. Excuse any mistakes

Articles

The Halo Series is also pretty short per game, but fun to play. We finished the fourth one in about 5 hours with a 20 minute pizza break inbetween. Our friend was being a massive ass to Shauna during the game, so I made it my mission to mess him up during the game. There was one weapon, a Sticky grenade launcher that you stick a grenade to an object and blow it up with a detonator, 8 shots, 8 teamkills on him.

No one messes with my woman and expects to live (in halo).

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Developer
    • Former Tech Admin

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/Pr...5-d80258550d36

Helicopter your junk to the next level ;D