Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy XIII Series coming to PC?

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

The game files have been available for a few more days. Steam allows you to download them in advance
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I got Durante's supersampling tool but I haven't used it yet as I don't understand what it does. I don't want to end p introducing bugs or messing up my other games!

I've forced a bunch of settings on through my Nvidia control panel. If I see a nice simple way to jack it up to 1080p I'll do that as well, but with AA and Anisotrpic filtering on it doesn't exactly look bad at 720p

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

People complaining FFXIII PC is 720p native.

And I'm just sitting here, hoping my computer runs it fluidly enough.

/60s spider-man

Finally!! Final Fantasy XIII trilogy come to PC. Thank you to whoever leading the Final Fantasy XIII PC project!
    Finally Square Enix ported Final Fantasy XIII trilogy to PC Although I believe the Final Fantasy XIII trilogy also rereleased version. Though some reviews stated it's like the old one.
    Bur I'll try to get it on Monday!

Maybe Square Enix should create DLC of Final Fantasy XIII trilogy with CO-OP support. So each players could take control each character. I think it would make things more challenging. If they have no plan for it. I must wait for modders to create one
    And maybe Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Lightning Returns : Final Fantasy XIII DLC should come within the game like The Last Remnant, it carry the DLC within the game.
    Mod would make the game better. Like create another area within the game or teleport stone to teleport to previous area. Or even create a whole new boss battle haha
    But this is my opinion

I want to get it on STEAM. Does anyone know how to buy game from STEAM? It's my first time, so I have no idea.
    Last edited by DanielCLFFF13; 10-10-2014 at 09:12 PM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

^ I can't work it out of you're being serious or not but a CO-OP Final Fantasy XIII sounds pretty awful.

"RAVAGER!"

"I SAID COMMANDO!"

"OH FOR GOD SAKE NOW WE'RE SABOUTERS!"
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

Well yeah, if only one player hold the Paradigms system.
    But if every player could use their own Paradigms, they could change into whatever role they desire, not limited in person.
    So example Lightning change from Commando to Ravager, Snow is Sentinel and he still will be Sentinel unless the player who picked Snow change his role, so doesn't change other party member role in CO-OP system.
    Well yeah that's about it, I think

Daniel, don't expect anything new with the PC version! It is the most bare bones port they could have possibly done. It doesn't even come with the nice CG movies from the PS3 version, instead it's the compressed Xbox 360 versions (the entire port is a direct rip of the Xbox version).

I want to get it on STEAM. Does anyone know how to buy game from STEAM? It's my first time, so I have no idea.
    In terms of buying from Steam, it's pretty easy. Head on over to http://store.steampowered.com, 'Install Steam' if you haven't done so already and create an account once it has installed. Then you just find the game you want to buy on the client, hit 'add to cart', and Steam will take you through the buying process and ask you where you want to install your game. Then hey presto, it'll download and install it for you. All you have to do once it's finished is hit 'Play'.

Quote Originally Posted by Fox_ View Post
    Daniel, don't expect anything new with the PC version! It is the most bare bones port they could have possibly done. It doesn't even come with the nice CG movies from the PS3 version, instead it's the compressed Xbox 360 versions (the entire port is a direct rip of the Xbox version).

In terms of buying from Steam, it's pretty easy. Head on over to http://store.steampowered.com, 'Install Steam' if you haven't done so already and create an account once it has installed. Then you just find the game you want to buy on the client, hit 'add to cart', and Steam will take you through the buying process and ask you where you want to install your game. Then hey presto, it'll download and install it for you. All you have to do once it's finished is hit 'Play'.
    Yeah I know. It depends on the developer. If they have the plan to create one, if not I just need to expect modders to create one, if there is one who want create it.
    So Final Fantasy XIII ported XBOX version? Not PS3? I don't know the different since I don't have XBOX 360 and PS3.
    But I think I would be better. But this is my opinion
    But thanks Fox

I know how add to cart. But the paying system is a bit confused. I need to have credit card to buy it or Paypal and some other payments methods is a little confusing.

Blog Entries

I just use my debit card with steam? I've never tried paypal on it. But a credit/debit card will work fine. You can also get steam cards at stores but, I don't know if they're available where you live. You will also need to make an account if you haven;t had to do that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    I just use my debit card with steam? I've never tried paypal on it. But a credit/debit card will work fine. You can also get steam cards at stores but, I don't know if they're available where you live. You will also need to make an account if you haven;t had to do that yet.
    So credit card can. Okay I'll try it. STEAM card? I don't know if there are any in Indonesia, I'll try to look for it. I already have STEAM account. All that's left is about the payments methods. Thanks escobert

I pre-purchased the game on Steam because I've never played it, and I would like to show my support for possibly more PC releases in the future. I'm not a fan of the rail road style gameplay, but for the price, I figured it would be worth dabbling with something a little more linear. I never expected anything special for this port, so I'm not too bothered about the lack of graphical options. The fact that general PC hardware issues were not ironed out is a little more irksome, but again, I somewhat expected this. And as long as I didn't have to jump through numerous hoops to play the game, I wasn't going to join the knee jerk reaction squad that seems to be running amok in some quarters.

I had the stutter problem that many other people have reported, so here's what I did to correct it on my system: Start the game, then pull up the Task Manager, right click on the FFXIII .exe, click 'Set Affinity', and de-select all processors but CPU 0.

I can understand why other people may feel disappointed - or even angry - with this release, but for the price, and the fact us PC users got a release of this game at all; I'm happy to let things slide at the moment. I just hope the other two games in this trilogy are released with a little more thought and care for the consumer.

To be honest, they won't. Every single PC port had their good share of problems and I knew that when I pre-purchased FFXIII but to not be even able to start the game with my high-end computer is bulltrout. It means they didn't even try to fix the most basic problems of the port. They just went the easiest possible way to get a lot of money.

Surely you would be angry if you bought a cheap PC that you had to repair for it just to work even though it was advertised as fully working machine right?

I am pretty angry about this, I am really only not making THAT much of a scene because I don't have time to really play the game much for the time being so I hope that they release patches in next two-three months so the game actually works without me having to use 3rd party programs just to play it.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

works for me without any major tweaks. the port is ass, though.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

For those who want to beat the resolution lock...

http://blog.metaclassofnil.com/?p=624

You can run it at any resolution you want if you install that bad boy and it looks AMAZING.

Sadly my graphics card is crap so I can't run it at any reasonable resolution at more than 10fps.

I would love to play the game in 1080p at 60fps so maybe I'll have to remedy that now.
    I like Kung-Fu.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Too bad the UI resolution still sucks, and there's no way to fix the dithered transparency on things like hair, except perhaps insanely inefficient supersampling. driver-based forced antialiasing will smoothen out everything else, but it won't fix the hair.

The movies we are forced to download are also in 1080p even though there exists no official way to play the game in that resolution, so they're making us download ~15 GB that they don't intend us to get anything out of. What the smurf is wrong with you, SE? Get a grip. Not to mention, it's 15 GB on my HDD that I can't use for more interesting things.

On the bright side, you can safely delete all the japanese version video files if you don't plan on using the japanese language option (or vice versa if you prefer japanese). The game won't notice, and you're saving space. In fact, the game doesn't even seem to notice even if you delete the videos it is set to use. The video is just skipped entirely, without any error message or any side effects. You'd never know there was supposed to be a video there, if it wasn't for the fact that you'd probably be confused over the game jumping from one thing to another with no explanation.