Thread: Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS) - Prologue demo announced, FF1 3DS preorder bonus

Default Final Fantasy Explorers (3DS) - Prologue demo announced, FF1 3DS preorder bonus

As a first press bonus, retail copies of Final Fantasy Explorers will include a download code for a 3DS release of Final Fantasy 1. It supports the 3D function as well. A month after FFEX is released, it will be put on sale on the eShop.

They also announced that before the release date of FFEX, they will release a free prologue version of the game, which acts as a demo. It supports all the features of the game, multiplayer, internet, etc, and covers the prologue portion of the game.

Source
    Please help our Final Fantasy Community get off the ground:
    http://forums.final7fantasy.com/

Articles
    Blog Entries

How many times have FFI been re-released by this point?

Square Enix is becoming the George Lucas of video games.

FFEX looks pretty cool, but why even bother re-releasing FF1 again for the 20th time...

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

FFXIV Character

Kaladin Cho'Sinn (Sargatanas)

3D guys, duh. I mean, ever since FF1 first came out, all I could think was wouldn't this be just the best game in 3D?

Bonus game included in an attempt to drive sales on new game sounds fine to me. If it were the other way around, then I'd be put off a bit.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    FFEX looks pretty cool, but why even bother re-releasing FF1 again for the 20th time...
    Because having a version of FF1 on every piece of electronics you own is all part of SE's world domination plan. It will allow them to control EVERYTHING!!!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

FF is pretty much Squeenix's version of Pac-Man. I don't think there's many systems that won't have a version or two of the game on it.

It's probably just a pipe dream, but I wish they'd fix the Critical Hit bug.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think they keep it in for nostalgia's sake.

It's weird that I'm more interested in this than I ever was the Origin/Souls games. Is it just my imagination, or does the town look more like the NES version? I own two versions of this game. It better not be more than like .... $5. Honestly I'd feel guilty even then, but at least it's a feasible amount to throw away lol

Why yes, Square, I WOULD like another version of my favorite game of all time!

Articles
    Blog Entries

I think it's a good candidate for a 3D classic, honestly I wish Nintendo did more of them.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I wish they'd get it through their thick skulls that it makes a lot of weapons worthless, especially the Vorpal Sword.

I'd also like to (even though I know I won't) see an update of the classes. Give the thief steal, the Knight cover, etc. I wouldn't mind if they added a couple of new classes to join the fray. Spread out some of the new items from the bonus dungeons to the rest of the world. Basically, redo a bunch of stuff.

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Otherwise known as the Square-Enix Internet browser.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Angus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I wish they'd get it through their thick skulls that it makes a lot of weapons worthless, especially the Vorpal Sword.

I'd also like to (even though I know I won't) see an update of the classes. Give the thief steal, the Knight cover, etc. I wouldn't mind if they added a couple of new classes to join the fray. Spread out some of the new items from the bonus dungeons to the rest of the world. Basically, redo a bunch of stuff.
    I would love a FFI: Enhanced Edition but I sympathize that Square would have to walk a fine line between that and it feeling like a fan mod.