Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article: New Final Fantasy XV trailer at TGS

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

So we can accept airship battles but cars are out of the question....

okay....

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Caelum View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    Me too. Even Destiny, another fairly popular sci-fi title, has vehicle transportation. Not that it's cars or anything, but imagine if instead you rode giant chickens. It would be... well, silly. And that's kind of the reputation that FF games have had for a long time now.I respect Square Enix for trying new ideas, even if they don't stick to the wall. Because let's face it, there isn't a whole lot of invention in the RPG scene nowadays. Everybody's doing the same trout, and they can get away with it because of die-hard fans that love that niche trout. Gotta give SE props for at least trying to do something different.
    Final Fantasy often contains great sci-fi elements, that does not mean there are no Chocobos running around or other fairytale-like fantasy elements.
    Of course. But I don't see all the negative flak on the car. At least it isn't a Jeep. But then again, I forgot that most FF die-hard fans hate the thought of anything that the new games do to bastardize their classics.

OMG NO CHOCOBOS, -10 WORST GAME OF ALL TIME. Trust me fellas, even the Angel of Valhalla chocobo couldn't save Lightning Returns. A car is not going to ruin FFXV.

I don't get why everyone is so negative either. A car will enhance the game, if not make the game experience better, considering we may have a map the size of skyrim and the ability to not fast travel. People seem to easily forget vehicles were apart of original final fantasies. The hypocrisy is ridiculous. Some people are so wrapped up in complaining all day about how it's not a final fantasy, they fail to realize everything in these trailers contain final fantasy elements and are smacking them right in the face.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

When I saw online on facebook that it was getting a March 2015 release I got excited, then I found out that it was for a demo of the game.

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Yeah the car is one part of the game, we know very little about anything else yet. For all we know the bit with the car could simply be a 2-3 hour segment of the overall game.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My only fear with the car is that it will be on rails but I'm hoping that is not the case. I don't mind the car, though automobiles were featured in FFs I don't care for I don't list their existence being the downfall for said games. A road trip style game might be fun. Of anything I'm hoping to see more on combat because field combat doesn't look as exciting as the city battles but that might be because open fields are less intuitive with teleport spamming.

How SE chooses to play with sci-fi or fantasy tropes comes down to the story. If it works, hurray, if it doesn't, well there is always FFXVI in 202X.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    How SE chooses to play with sci-fi or fantasy tropes comes down to the story. If it works, hurray, if it doesn't, well there is always FFXVI in 202X.
    More like 20XX.

I am quite motivated with this. Once I start streaming this#ll be on my channel in Japanese.

Quote Originally Posted by Ergroilnin View Post
    And you say "Final Fantasy XV: Four Douchebags of Light Take a Road Trip."... well, what's that make Final Fantasy X-2? "Three barbies pretending to be entertaining but the game packs more estrogen than your girlfriends pill bottle"?
    Sorry to say but that is kind of poor example there as X-2 is for most people the most or at least on of the most hated entry of the series. The game was really only bought because FF fans are/were hooked to the games like Apple fans to iPhones and for those who loved FFX which was very decent.

The only strong point of that girly game is fighting.
    That's my whole point though. People are smurfing on XV so much because it's filled to the brim with sausages. But they fail to realize that there was an FF game that was overly feminine, too. In fact I kind of regard FFXV as the masculine parallel of X-2 - at least in this early stage. Hopefully it'll turn out as good as X-2 was bad while we're at it...

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

so, you hope 15 has a troutty combat system with a good story.

#movies
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

Speaking of your new signature, I had a thought. With the amount of male characters in the game, I was thinking Square might (finally) explore the controversial subject matter of having a homosexual male character. And if my gaydar is as good as I think it is (probably isn't), I'd say Prompto fits the bill PERFECTLY. He doesn't necessarily look emo, like most people are calling the fearsome foursome. I'd say he just looks extremely feminine, with a bit of a motorcycle fetish. Could be straighter than Noctis, but my money says he's our Renly Baratheon.
    You DO realize that Japanese notions of male attractiveness are different from those in the West? Feminine men are perceived as the most attractive to Japanese women, hence why there are so many pretty boys in Japanese media. Taking that into account, Prompto look the most like a typical Japanese heartthrob. Now get ready for the real culture shock - gays in Japan are stereotyped as overly masculine and muscle-bound. So, going by that logic, if anyone from our wolf pack is gay, it's most likely Gladiolus

Also, I get people less and less. Either they scream it sucks because it's different, or they decry it as the savior of mankind because they killed the hellish contraption that is turn-based battle. What happened to "live and let live"? What happened to diversity in gaming and the fact that both action battles and turn-based battles have their place and neither is the way things are "supposed to" be? I'm getting really sick and tired of that attitude -_-

The game looks amazing, tho

LOL @ you guys who think X-2 is bad.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Fynnek Zoryasch (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

For a terrible fanservice-y mess, it had some incredibly enjoyable gameplay and fun sidequests Plus, the 1000 Words concert >>>>>>>>>> Suteki da ne sex scene.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

One day I hope they bring the FFX-2 battle system back for something. It really was the best they ever did.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Having the whole of Spira, choose-your-mission business was great too and if expanded upon for even greater choice and freedom could be something amazing. X-2 was fantastic as a game with only the story as its flaw. And well, I refer you to Mirage's post.

Eureka! Need Advice!!!

Please Give advice, I want to buy a Xbox One Console - Titanfall + Kinect, which I saw in Amazon, whether the Final Fantasy games can be played there ???
    Thank CP