Thread: New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Default New Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Trailer

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD is coming to the PS4 and Xbox One and Square have released a new trailer ahead of its confirmed March 2015 release! The game will see players taking charge of Class Zero, fourteen students in an elite military academy whose country is attacked by an aggressive neighboring Empire.

What are your thoughts on the first Final Fantasy game to come out on the next-gen consoles? Are you more excited for it than Final Fantasy XV? Let us know your thoughts!

Local Florist Site Contributor
    Recognized Member
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mayrissa Fablestay (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Former Editor

Looks amazing.

It's just a crying shame they've gutted the multiplayer from it.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Seeing as I never had a chance of playing type-0 before this is basically a brand new FF game for me, i'm super excited.

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

The gameplay is a mystery to me. Every time I watch footage of it I can't really understand what kind of game it is. Is it an action RPG? Like, KH style battles? Crisis Core? Something else entirely?

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    Seeing as I never had a chance of playing type-0 before this is basically a brand new FF game for me.
    Same here.

Square Enix really are the most diligent of any developer I've seen when it comes to HD remasters. The upgrade here is pretty phenomenal.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Combat is similar to Crisis Core (same engine), you can switch between the different students who utilize different weapons and thus have unique fighting styles from each other. Magic involves equipping an element and an attribute like Shotgun, rifle, explosive, etc... which changes how the magic performs in battle. Summons allow you to control the summon to perform devastating attacks but costs the use of the caster meaning they won't be available until the mission is complete.

It lacks the depth of KH's more recent games but offers a lot more variety than some other Action-RPGs I've seen. I'm sad multiplayer was gutted as well but frankly it wasn't as good as a true multiplayer experience would be and SE apparently didn't want to add anything more than HD.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes I am more excited for this than FFXV.

It looks great. I do hope the battle system has more depth than Crisis Core, in which running in circles mashing the attack button was the best way to win most every battle.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Total Sweetheart
    Articles
    Blog Entries

The big scorpion at the beginning of the trailer looks like a nice throwback to the first boss of Final Fantasy VII. I wonder if that's Ifrit at the end? The upgrade looks amazing. Can't wait to play this! Good thing it's only 6 months away.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Kurisu Kazama (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    The big scorpion at the beginning of the trailer looks like a nice throwback to the first boss of Final Fantasy VII.
    Square Enix <3 giant robot scorpions. FFVII > FFXIII > Type-0.

That scorpion section was part of the Japanese PSP demo that I played. I can't believe how much better the graphics look!
    <a href=http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m3/Valentine-06/Signatures/fat_mooglesig2.png target=_blank>http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m...mooglesig2.png</a>

We are currently paying off a PS4, so at least there's something to look forward to adding to the collection. I am genuinely interested in this one

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lone Wolf Leonhart View Post
    The big scorpion at the beginning of the trailer looks like a nice throwback to the first boss of Final Fantasy VII. I wonder if that's Ifrit at the end? The upgrade looks amazing. Can't wait to play this! Good thing it's only 6 months away.
    I thought the same.

I'm gutted this isn't going to be on a platform I actually have.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

If you start saving now, you can have a ps4 by the time of release.It's just like 50 bucks a month!
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Pros: Seems more emersive. The enemies interact more with the enviroment around them. The battle system seems similar to FFXII which probably was the game's strongest asset.

Cons: The enemies' and characters' designs are really redundant. There's no real creativity being done here. All stuff we've seen before from them. Speaking of characters, why are there so many playable characters? That actually makes me worried that a few of them will not get good backstories. Why are they all white?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Why are they all white?
    That is a good question

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Same reason why the majority of Japanese games and anime have one minority: You write what you know.