Thread: Battle System

Default Battle System

What do you expect the battle system to be like?

Do you think or hope you can switch through character control in battle?

Do you think you can decide to put abilities on certain buttons or that you at least somehow have some sort of a command window like in Kingdom Hearts or Final Fanatsy XII?

We have surely not seen everything about its possibiities.

Tell me what you think?

YOU DONT KNOW YET!?!?!? FFFFsephychibi's Avatar

I can't say I know what to think, because they removed the left side UI (command menu) in the current trailer :x

It's still so foggy !!!

Iz could be that you really can control other characters. I don't know how that "help Noctis" scene was made but perhaps it really is that you can switch to another character and fight with them and help the others. Hopefully not just when someone is KO.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I imagine it will play a lot like the recent Kingdom Hearts title. I mean it already looks like a KH Battle system and I am not complaining because the KH games play well enough. The real difference will come in the details like using the throwing blades for teleporting, partner characters, and stuff like summons.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I hope you have access to a variety of attacks during battle rather than pre-setting only a few commands, though this is hard to pull off with an Action RPG. I thought the more recent KH games that use some sort of command deck did it pretty well but it would be better if you could somehow access all your skills in some way or change your deck on the fly.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Modern action within JRPG it's gonna be cool http://www.ffxvguide.com/gameplay/fi...-release-date/

Play it and judge it later, I'm sure you will love it.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

How can you be sure others will love it?
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    I imagine it will play a lot like the recent Kingdom Hearts title. I mean it already looks like a KH Battle system and I am not complaining because the KH games play well enough. The real difference will come in the details like using the throwing blades for teleporting, partner characters, and stuff like summons.
    One of the reviews said "And, yeah, don't worry: this isn't a game of button-mashing. Kingdom Hearts this ain't.", although it's hard to say if you're referring to button mashing or not as I've not played any of the KH games long enough to remember the battle systems.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I can't wait to get my hands on the demo next week. The action-style battle system sounds right up my street. If it's borrowing elements from Shadow of the Colossus when it comes to boss battles... climbing enemies to find their weak points then that would be awesome.

Argh, I don't know how to describe what I want. I want it to be kind of character-actionish but not unbalancedly so. Something like that but influenced by stats but not with animations as limited as say, Skyrim but still determined by stats of character/equips. For example I'd like it if I tried to parry one of those Garula from FFV and I use a weapon with too low a stat or my stats are too low, regardless of the timing I get launched or knocked on my ass. Or unable to stagger an enemy as such due to low STR or something. That kind of stuff. At the same time I'm also keen on the apparently model of horses for courses, like the broadsword being fine for parrying the rampant Garula. So long as it just keeps some semblence of balance in that style I'm happy.

EDIT: I'd also like magic / abilities to scroll according to the D-pad or something and cast with a dedicated button or some such. That'd be neat.
    "And if all the world is but a song of swords and spells then where on the threads of fate must we lie?"