Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just Started A Song of Ice and Fire

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

What'd you think of the dragons?

Here's a map for you. It's form a game version but i thought it showed it the best without muddling the terrain with details making it harder to read.

Articles
    Blog Entries

I LOVE Tyrion's time as Hand. Hands down (lol puns) my favorite part of Season Two. I think most of the Tywin defense may come from the TV version. I'm not entirely sure, but I think Tywin is nowhere near as bad as he is in the book, same with Cersei. And I'm glad someone else stuck up for Arya. She's my favorite.

And I just killed her T_T

Quote Originally Posted by Freya View Post
    What'd you think of the dragons?
    Um, they haven't done much yet. I think thee has been only one chapter, maybe two, with Daenerys at the point where I am. Mostly it was just about her group all dying as they crossed the red lands or Redlands or whatever they're called. Last I hear, they were in some ghost city and three people had been brought to meet her. The dragons have names and descriptions of what they look like but other than that and the fact they sucked on Dany's tits, I got nothing.

There's a lot of tits in these books. And breastfeeding.

Daenerys is still really in the background compared to everything happening in Westeros. I am immensely interested in the Targaryen House and history but it's not talked about much. Maybe it would be if anyone paid her any mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Marky Tee View Post
    See...i have a bit of a dilemma here

Just last night i finished my marathon and caught up to the end of season 4 of game of thrones....and it was unbelievably amazing

buuuuuut...april next year for season 5? what am I to do?
    Do i just wait it out like a good little boy? too long

do i pick up song of ice and fire from where season 4 has left off? i'd imagine there has been several, if not many deviations from the books but i'd imagine it would still be readable

ah but i'm too much of a completionist
    tried that with harry potter( gay, i know ) a couple of films in and just didnt fancy it

read the full thing from start to finish? that would be sooooo bloody long and tbh i really avoid reading fantasy like the plague after reading the full lord of the rings after watching the first movie and by god did i hate that book(s) (too much descriptive text for the likes of me, just not my thing)

just so as there's no confusion- i'm not saying i'm against reading at all, i spend most of my free time doing it and am reading sci fi with particular interest in time travel by the ton these days, though that genre could change at any moment

wow...where did all that come from lol
    Hi Marky Tea,

Having read all the books I would advise you NOT to simply start from A Feast For Crows. There are too many differences between the books and the show for it to make any sense. There'll be characters you'll have never heard of (important ones, at that) and events which deviate a lot from the original story.

My advice to you is to either start from the beginning (they may be big novels, but I managed to finish the whole lot in a few months and that's without going crazy) or just simply wait for the next series of the show.

I just hope the next book is released soon as the last one ended on a few cliffhangers that I'm eager to see resolved.

thanks for the tip
    here's another thing- whats gonna happen once the tv series catches up with the books?

uh ohs i thinks

The showrunners have been told by George R. R. Martin how he intends to end the series, so they'll end up finishing the saga before he does.