Thread: So umm... how old is Rydia after she ages up?

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Question So umm... how old is Rydia after she ages up?

I mean is she still technically seven or is she now like seventeen? Hell why hasn't she aged very much between the original and The After Years? How old is this chick!?

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

It is a completely legitimate aging process. She supposedly spent 10 or whatever years in the Land of Summoned Monsters, so she gathered all the life experiences to go with the physical maturation. (Or as many life experiences as you get living in a place like that.)

It's not like she has a drivers license to confirm her age against her birthday anyways.
    >>Am willing to change opinions based on data<<

If I remember correctly the plot of the game doesn't treat it like a legitimate aging process. Though you are correct. It's been a long time, and I may be remembering incorrectly, but from what I remember I got the impression everyone just felt like she'd suddenly became a grown up. And yes, from their perspective she did. But she only countered it with like one sentence, and then the game just went on like she'd been zapped into adulthood. Probably more due to storytelling limitations back then though. Nobody really had much of a personality. I guess I can't expect her character to be any more fleshed out

Old enough

(SPOILER)*shudder* I feel dirty.

Krankzinnigheid ligt dich Colonel Angus's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

On the FF Wiki they claim that no official age had been given for her after she returned from the land of summons.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I would say watching your mama die when her astrally projected monster self is slain while your hometown burns all around you and some giant knight in scary armor kidnaps you, you mature pretty fast. So probably about 80 years old.

Signature by rubah. I think.

The line is

"Time flows differently there."

And no, the game is never specific about peoples' age. Strangely, Final Fantasy VI is very specific about Terra Branford's age, and the game contradicts all printed materials produced for the game which state she's 18, by saying that she was conceived approximately 22 years prior to the present. :/

I'm going to go on a Logan's Run rant if this goes any further.