Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, I've finished the main quest. Now what?

Articles

FFXIV Character

Nope (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

No not at all. You have to be level 50 to make the weapon you need to start your relic, but at level 20 you can meld anything I think as long as you have the right Grade catalyst.

Unless of course it needs to be that your crafting level has to be the same level as the item you're trying to meld - which it could be, in that case you'll have to ask someone in game to help you with it.

Default Hmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Lockharted View Post
    No not at all. You have to be level 50 to make the weapon you need to start your relic, but at level 20 you can meld anything I think as long as you have the right Grade catalyst.

Unless of course it needs to be that your crafting level has to be the same level as the item you're trying to meld - which it could be, in that case you'll have to ask someone in game to help you with it.
    I will probably ask someone. The one thing I'm afraid of, depending on how the meld works, is someone running off with my weapon and materia. Don't know how much of a risk there is of that.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Ok well the way I recommend doing it from your current position is this:

1. Do your relic quest up to Hydra; by this stage you'll be wielding an i55 weapon.

2. Go and talk to Urianger in the Waking Sands, and unlock Ifrit hard mode, which drops i60 weapons. These days, most people doing Ifrit HM either already have all the Iffy weapons, or don't care to get any more because they're already using i110 weapons. So the first time you see your sword drop, you'll likely win.

3. Similarly, after Ifrit HM, you can unlock Garuda HM, for easy i70 drops.

4. You can get i80 weapons from Titan, but when you beat that fight you basically have your i80 relic anyway.

Default The main thing I want to know...

...is if I can trust people to make a sword for me without being dishonest. Like, is there a lot of dishonesty in the game I guess I'm asking? If I could get someone reputable to make a weapon I'll be fine. I've already bought all the materials.

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

I think most people would be completely honest in the game. Within the FC I'd say there's almost zero chance of being swindled.

Default Well...

I got the cutlass sorted out but now don't have enough money to get the rest of my armor lol. I guess I'll be working to level my other classes. Been leveling conjurer lately so its all good.

Thanks for help guys.