Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Article: Final Fantasy XV is about 55% done

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    It's crazy they've been talking about this game since before Oblivion came out, after which Bethesda went on to ship not one but two gigantic open world epic RPGS that will go down as two of the most ambitious games of the generation.

I know Square hasn't really cared about consoles for quite some time but I just wish I could have my Final Fantasy back.
    And both those two Bethesda games added together still has fewer visually impressive locations than the almost entirely linear ff13. And I say that as a Ff13 hater.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolivar View Post
    It's crazy they've been talking about this game since before Oblivion came out, after which Bethesda went on to ship not one but two gigantic open world epic RPGS that will go down as two of the most ambitious games of the generation.

I know Square hasn't really cared about consoles for quite some time but I just wish I could have my Final Fantasy back.
    And both those two Bethesda games added together still has fewer visually impressive locations than the almost entirely linear ff13. And I say that as a Ff13 hater.
    However at least in Oblivion/Skyrim you can actually visit whatever you see on the horizon. FFXIII has mostly pretty wallpaper, that add nothing to the world in terms of gameplay.

Dark Souls does it right. The world of Lordran is packed so tight all of it is noteworthy and none of it is blurb. Everything you see in the distance you will visit at some point, and clever map design makes it never go boring unlike the examples mentioned above.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I know. It's one of the bigger reasons why I dislike the game.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I think it's important to reiterate that the "55%" is just for the last two years, not eight.

However I don't understand why SE talk in percentages. It has absolutely no bearing on how long development takes. There are so many major stages in development that there's stages within stages. Alone pre-production could take much longer than actual production. Basically what I'm saying is that 45% they have left to develop could take three months or it could take another two years.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Rostum View Post
    I think it's important to reiterate that the "55%" is just for the last two years, not eight.

However I don't understand why SE talk in percentages. It has absolutely no bearing on how long development takes. There are so many major stages in development that there's stages within stages. Alone pre-production could take much longer than actual production. Basically what I'm saying is that 45% they have left to develop could take three months or it could take another two years.
    I felt the same way but I had to rethink about why anyone would say 55% instead of just saying 50%. So (I think) the 55% is more of like "we're at this stage of game-making now," as opposed to, "we're a little over halfway done." Similar to what Wolf Kanno said, they're done laying the groundwork and throwing their ideas at the wall; whatever stuck is what they're gonna go with until they get to 100% in 2022.

placeholder_text.jpeg

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Think the they released it when it is 60% done.

But we are paying 100% of the price!