Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Article: Final Fantasy XV is an All Male Road Trip

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I don't think this is the worst thing. As others have stated, if it fits well with the story, it might be pretty good. Women/women characters do add different energies to situations than all-male.

HOWEVER, SE shouldn't be surprised if they do happen to alienate a lot of their female fanbase.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fynn View Post
    Jinx you are absolutely smurfing insane. Never change.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Can't say I'm particularly surprised or disappointed by this. I have enough faith in SE to trust them to have made this choice for a good reason. I mean this doesn't just happen. They must've known this would stir some disappointment, but they still stuck to it. Let's see what they make of it.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    1. Rebellious and reckless rich kid
    Noctis is said to be a shy person, but he initially tries to hide this by "acting cool". He is a prince, the last heir to a dynasty of the kingdom of Lucis, being the last kingdom to have control over crystals.
    2. Fun loving best friend
    Prompto maintains a playful attitude towards Noctis despite being a wanted felon. He is described as a skirt-chasing mood maker with a chip on his shoulder from a different social status compared to his other friends, and thus feels inferior to them but wishes to be useful.
    3. Mysterious quiet guy
    Ignis has a composed, serious, and cool personality, something to contrast Gladiolus and Prompto. Ignis has been friends with Noctis since early childhood. He received a special education for gifted children to work as a staff officer for Noctis and acts as the understanding consultant for him.
    4. Serious older mentor guy
    Cor is a middle-aged man with short brown hair, light blue eyes, and a grim face. He is a stubborn and stern, no-nonsense military man sworn to King Regis and his country. He is strict with Noctis and his friends, and though he does not always see things eye to eye with them, he is duty-bound to watch over them

Ruh-roh.
    Ha, oh my god...

This is going to be just as terrible as FFX-2 isn't it?

Ignis is also the worse name ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Ignis is also the worse name ever.
    I would have agreed, if I hadn't just read "Prompto."

Also uh... A royal consultant? And I bet he's 17 or some garbage. But whatever. Japan can't live without their tropes and archetypes. I can't really say I'm surprised. But yeah, those are some terrible names lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jinx View Post
    I don't think this is the worst thing. As others have stated, if it fits well with the story, it might be pretty good. Women/women characters do add different energies to situations than all-male.

HOWEVER, SE shouldn't be surprised if they do happen to alienate a lot of their female fanbase.
    The female fanbase on fanfiction.net sure won't be alienated.
    Just watch how much yoai gets pumped out of there because of this. It might even rival Kingdom Hearts.

Score: 0 out of 2 Dignified Pauper's Avatar

This game is becoming more and more my style....... ..... brah.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

You just want a huge orgy with all of them
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    You just want a huge orgy with all of them
    Who wouldn't?

I'm pretty sure I saw some art of that on a Booru site not too long ago. Classy stuff.

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by shion View Post
    I am very disappointed by the lack of female playable characters. When I look at a game, that's one of the main things I look for and I have shot down a good number of games because they had no playable ladies.

This has dropped my hype about 80%
    wat

Adding characters just for the sake of having them/appealing to a fanbase is how we got Vaan in XII, who is possibly one of the worst Final Fantasy characters in history!

If having an all male party is what they think they need to do to make a good game then I'm all for it.
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm not saying they should cater to me personally, but those are my feelings on the matter and they aren't magically going to change because there is an all male FF game. Heck some people might be more hyped! Good for them! I am not