Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eye Color on Final Fantasy

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

A fairly dark green.

Blog Entries

My eyes:

Articles

I have grey eyes. This is confusing to me as they were sky blue as a kid.

Very light blue, but more "alive" than sky, like an amethyst.

My oldest son has brown, my youngest, blue.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Dat Matt View Post
    I have grey eyes. This is confusing to me as they were sky blue as a kid.
    It's pretty common for both eye color and hair color to change as you age.

-edit-
    actually, i just took a closeup of my eye so you all can decide which color it is yourselves!
    https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...ng/closeye.jpg

man, it's hard to get perfectly focused pictures when you hold the camera just centimeters from your eyes. Moving it like 2-3 mm will send it completely out of focus again.
    Last edited by Mirage; 09-26-2014 at 10:51 PM.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

M67, but sometimes they look blue with dark blue tinges and gold specs.

m67.jpg

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

This is a real convo that happened this weekend:

Me: "Excuse me sir, where is the concession stand?"
    Guy who worked at the place: " you have to go back outside to get back inside. What color are your eyes?"
    Me: "...brown"

Why do I have to go back outside to get back inside the movie theater and how can someone not be able to tell brown eyes. Most obvious eye color of all, no?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by escobert View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Depression Moon View Post
    As a non-white person it only comes in color (excluding rare mutations) and that's brown.
    I mean, what.
    Generally only white people have blue eyes. Brown is a dominant gene and almost all non whites carry the brown gene. In order for a child to have blue eyes both parents must have the blue gene. If both of your parents are straight from Africa there's like less than 0% chance your child will have blue or green eyes. Green comes from both parents having blue and brown genes I beleive. My father has blues eyes and my mother green so, both of my parents have the blue gene present with only 1 bown gene from my mother which was outnumbered by the 3 blue genes 1 form mom and 2 from dad. so I got blue eyes and most of my siblings if I had any would be green or blue eyed. However if my father had brown eyes instead of blue we'd probably 75%+ have brown eyes.
    My what was more so the fact that it's really not that rare for non whites to have hazel eyes.

But yes brown is dominant. Not sure why people always say brown is boring. I prefer darker eyes; dark blue, dark green, or brown. Sometimes hazel.
    Hazel ain't anything but a light brown. The standard brown with less melanin.
    Last edited by Depression Moon; 09-30-2014 at 07:50 AM.

As a non-white person it only comes in color (excluding rare mutations) and that's brown.
    I mean, what.
    Generally only white people have blue eyes. Brown is a dominant gene and almost all non whites carry the brown gene. In order for a child to have blue eyes both parents must have the blue gene. If both of your parents are straight from Africa there's like less than 0% chance your child will have blue or green eyes. Green comes from both parents having blue and brown genes I beleive. My father has blues eyes and my mother green so, both of my parents have the blue gene present with only 1 bown gene from my mother which was outnumbered by the 3 blue genes 1 form mom and 2 from dad. so I got blue eyes and most of my siblings if I had any would be green or blue eyed. However if my father had brown eyes instead of blue we'd probably 75%+ have brown eyes.
    My what was more so the fact that it's really not that rare for non whites to have hazel eyes.

But yes brown is dominant. Not sure why people always say brown is boring. I prefer darker eyes; dark blue, dark green, or brown. Sometimes hazel.
    I have to disagree with you there. I think there are lots of variations of hazel eyes. My dad had grey/blue eyes and my mum has black/brown eyes, and I came out with hazel eyes according to our family doctor. My eyes are green with bright brown in the middle with goldish flecks...its hard to explain, I may have to take a picture.

Brown. Next question.
    I need to get a real signature. Please let me know if you're into this sort of this and willing to help for the price of say, on the house.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Rin Heartilly View Post
    I mean, what.

I have to disagree with you there. I think there are lots of variations of hazel eyes. My dad had grey/blue eyes and my mum has black/brown eyes, and I came out with hazel eyes according to our family doctor. My eyes are green with bright brown in the middle with goldish flecks...its hard to explain, I may have to take a picture.
    Agreed, hazel is really a multitude of colors mixed together. I've seen hazels that have yellow tinge, green, gray with some brown flecks. It depends on whatever color decides to be more dominate and the rest is just mixed in with some flecks. My brother's are definitely mostly golden.

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

This thread needs more pictures of eoffer eyes.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

i have dark brown eyes. terrible for colour contact lenses.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Markus. D View Post
    i have dark brown eyes. terrible for colour contact lenses.
    Why?

Famine Wolf Recognized Member Sephex's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Mirage View Post
    This thread needs more pictures of eoffer eyes.
    Alright.